Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline phone line issue

greciannik
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Transferred BB from BT to Vodafone a month ago.

BB works fine.

However Landline has not been transferred from BT.  I have contacted both Vodafone and BT regarding this issue several times but issue remains unresolved.

One thing that is puzzling me is that the Phone is not lit (at all) on the Vodafone Router. A phone is connected using the white internet cable but there is no dialling tone. The message "Check Phone Line" is displayed on he phone's screen. Should the Phone light be lit? Should there be a dialling tone?

4 REPLIES 4

MarkWeinreb
4: Newbie

@greciannik  What happens if you plug your phone into the master socket instead of into the router? Does it work then?

If I’m not mistaken, the phone socket on the router is only enabled if you have FTTP.

Thanks for your reply. We do have a fibre connection [all the way] into the house (Openreach fitted it as part of the BB switch from BT to Vodafone). It was Vodafone support that instructed me to plug the phone into the Vodafone router. The Vodafone router is plugged into the new fibre connection.

When I plug the phone into the original [copper] connection, I find that it is still connected to BT. Ringing 150 puts me through to the BT helpdesk. Incoming calls are intermittant (half go through to the phone plugged into the original [copper] connection, whilst the other calls fail ("call ended").

In that case it sounds like the switch-over hasn’t been completed correctly. Vodafone can’t take over the line until BT releases it. Sorry to say, you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place with each side blaming to other. Since it is really down to Openreach to do the work, you’ll just have to persevere. Good luck.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The phone LED on the router should be lit. If it isn't the line has not been provisioned properly. Try using live chat to report it. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/