Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline nightmare!

Feetee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

March 31st. Switched broadband and landline to Vodaphone. A big mistake! Discovered that only Vodaphone phone users could call my landline. Calls were not being routed to my landline and went to an unknown mailbox  which eventually became full. I have no access to this messaging service - I was not told that with full fibre there is no access to a vm service.  After many frustrating calls to customer services, settings were adjusted and subsequently other mobile network phone users could call my landline, but not calls from other landlines. Calls from landlines, did not connect to my phone but went instead to the unknown messaging service. The correct cable is connected directly from phone to router. 

Following the calls to customer services, I frequently did not receive the promised call back, which led to me having to contact them time and time again for any update. The problem was escalated to a different team each time, one team actually closed the case without contacting me, or checking whether the problem had been resolved - it had not been resolved. Eventually a female agent working in Kent called me and sounded confident that the problem would be resolved and that she would keep me updated. The said agent went on holiday for a week but as promised, assigned the call to a colleague with the assurance that he would update me. In the subsequent week, that colleague called me just once to inform me that no further update. He called me a week later to advise me that the female agent had passed the case (buck) to him. So the merry-go-around continued. A week ago that colleague called me with this information. The `Provide Team' (apparently Complaints team) were now dealing with my case. The colleague said that he had emailed them several times for an update. He informed me that he was waiting for an update from the Provide Team, who in turn, were waiting for an update from another team. Additionally, documents/updates relating to my case had gone missing! You could not make it up!  Since that telephone call of a week ago, absolute silence! In the meantime, anyone calling me from a landline, will be routed to the unknown mailbox which became full a long while ago. I have no idea who may have called and who may have left messages in the early weeks before the mailbox became full. I have been told that once the problem is resolved, I will receive compensation. In the interim, I am still paying for a useless landline service. It may be a line problem but as far as I am aware BT Openreach have not been contacted. 

I asked if I could speak with the Provide Team, but was informed that is not possible and that the female agent and her male colleague were the intermediaries between the complaints team and the customer! I have never known anything like it. I am contemplating contacting Ofcom. What else can I do? I am banging my head against a a brick wall in terms of Customer Service. There was also much about the way the contract was sold to me and the lack of necessary information provided.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Sadly, as you have found, when things go wrong with Vodafone, no one knows how to cure them.

I know you have said it is with the complaints team, but I would still raise a official complaint as, if it isn't fixed in 8 weeks, you can take it to CISAS who can award much better compensation than Vodafone will offer, and force them to allow you to leave early.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Thank you very much for your message. I did state during one of my endless phone calls to Vodafone that I wished to make an official complaint, but the complaint, like the problem, just seems to be passed around like a football and going nowhere. 

CISAS sounds like a good option - thank you for that suggestion. It has almost been seven weeks and when eight weeks is reached, if still not resolved, I will take it to CISAS.

It is shocking though, that it comes down to having to action like that. 

Many thanks again. I appreciate it.