Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline phone number gone

Mark311069
2: Seeker

We have changed our landline and broadband from sky to Vodafone. 

We asked to keep our landline number. We were told this was not a problem and it would be done. We'll it hasn't and now the number is lost and we have a new one.

This is at expense to me as iam self employed. And my number is on my van,website and business cards. Its going to cost to have these all changed. Wished I had never moved. 

Can anybody tell me if its possible to get my old number back?

13 REPLIES 13

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Have you spoken to Vodafone as they are probably the only ones who can resolve this, if it's possible at all.

nmmfaccenda
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi this just happened to me did you ever get your number back?

Apparently SKY owned our number so it had to stay with them despite being on the phone to both companies we cant get our number back. Utter rubbish service which if we had know we couldn't take our number we would not have joined. 

Going to see out the contract and leave them. 

We should have known something was wrong when our 1st order was cancelled without informing us.

Jayach

Strange, as my previous number was also Sky number, having been issued by them when I moved here. It was transferred with no problems.

Update is we never got the number back Vodafone blamed sky, and sky blamed Vodafone, so I've had to update my website buy new business cards and have the van decals changed. Bit of a pain but sorted now 

Thats awful service

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Mark311069 - I'm disappointed to hear the hassle you have had with this and have had to resort to getting a new landline. If you needed anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.

Hi @nmmfaccenda, I understand how important it is to get this sorted. We don't have access to accounts over this forum but if you would like us to see if we can do anything please drop us a message on social media with your landline/account number. 

vodhim

For this problem, communicate with Vodafone care...

made an account just for this issue. my grandmother has just changed from sky to vodafone, activation date was yesterday 26/07 and the landline is still not working, how can i talk to a human and not that toBi robot.

thank you

Luke