Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO Line displayed on DECT Phone with Full Fibre 500

jmsmsith1972
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Guys,

I have recently moved from Virgin and now use the Full Fibre 500 service with VF. I have plugged my old DECT handset into the VF router but it shows as no line?? Is there a reason for this? The router shows the 'phone' light on so i'm stumped. 

Can anyone advise on what the issue may be. For reference this was a newly installed fibre line, i have no master socket so have been led to believe i plug straight into the marked phone outlet to the back of the router which is how it is currently set up.

Cheers. Justin.

14 REPLIES 14

Excellent shout. I've just looked at the old cable and yes your right, the only two pins wired are the two outer ones. Now for a fix? Is there some form of crossover cable that will correct the issue?

This is the original cable to the phone with the  two outer pins wired.This is the original cable to the phone with the two outer pins wired.

I have an R11 crimper at home, is it a simple case of acquiring some RJ11 pugs and resetting the red and green cables to the inner plugs at the router end?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I would say yes. There is just a possibility that the phone may not ring, as the adapter should have a ring capacitor, but let's worry about that if it happens.

Ripshod

I had the same when I switched from FTTC to FTTP on the vodafone network. In my case everything had been provisioned (white led) but an openreach engineer had to come out and physically move my line over. 

I'm not saying this is your case, but I think you should be contacting vodafone in the morning via

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd