cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone line moved to fiber. Will my old dect phones / landline phones work 100% with right adapter ?

fiberfan
4: Newbie

So today I noticed although I get the dial tone still I am unable to make / receive landline calls. I have bought a 'voip' adapter. Is this guaranteed to work ok along with my various DECT phones and 2 wired phones on extension sockets ?

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Depends on what you mean by VoIP adapter, but yes all those phones should work with Vodafone's "digital voice".

Did Vodafone not supply their "VoIP adapter"? (it's nothing of the sort, it's just an adapter for BT type connectors to RJ11)

No they only supply the service I was told so little bit tight of them I thought. All this %&%& about digital voice here, just the same low fi quality as we have now :Sad_face:

What is Digital Voice? (vodafone.co.uk)

Jayach

From the link you posted:

"We'll send you any new equipment you need. This will include an adapter to plug your phone into your router,"

So they certainly should have provided one. Use live chat and ask for one. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

And where on your link does it say it's "just the same low fi quality as we have now"?

@fiberfan wrote:

No they only supply the service I was told so little bit tight of them I thought.

You really do need to stop believing everything Vodafone say. Unless they are willing to put it in writing, it's probably just made up on the spot.

OK yes thanks this time in the chat they said they will send one but have t wait until middle of next week now  :Sad_face:

As for improved bandwidth as close as FM with a DECT phone this is technically impossible but it doesn't really matter as I never make any LL calls anyway only receive a very few these days 

Jayach

@fiberfan wrote:

As for improved bandwidth as close as FM with a DECT phone this is technically impossible but it doesn't really matter as I never make any LL calls anyway only receive a very few these days 

No it's not, but if, as you say, you don't make them, why do you care?

Because I am interested in the technology ! We are so use to low quality speech quality via a landline to hear crisp FM quality speech is revolutionary but it's all come a bit too late as most use a mobile these days so landline usage is slowly dying