Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Setup Cisco SPA112 with Gigafast VoIP

jwbomo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone have advice for setting up a Cisco SPA112, we have an Asus RT-AC86U router with the Gigafast service setup and working fine.

We have spoken with Cisco and they have said that the configuration on the box is fine but it appears to not be connecting externally. We have checked the router and tried setting the NAT SIP Passthrough to enabled as well as disabled but it makes no difference?!

Failing this working, is it possible to set up the VF Gigafast router as a repeater / access point purely for its phone line port (no plugged in or WiFi devices connected to it) - again tried pluggin it into the Asus via LAN 1 port, disabling DHCP and assinging it an IP outside the Asus DHCP rage but no joy?

3 REPLIES 3

dzuser
4: Newbie

Hi,

I find myself in a similar situation to yourself. As a result, I was wondering if you had manage to make any progress?

Thanks

DZ

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @dzuser @jwbomo

Did you manage to find a solution for this @jwbomo

If not, I'd certainly advise giving our GigaFast team a call on 03333 040 191

Let me know how you get on 😊

No joy unfortunately, spent more than a few hours talking to countless people within the Gigafast team including team leaders in tech support and had mixed messages from them not supporting a 3rd party device to not understanding what we were trying to do.

Long story short we gave up and are paying for a VoIP service that works with our ASUS router.

What we took away was that the VoIP service is so tightly controlled that unless you are an enterprise user it’s not possible to get all of the details you need to set up a different device. Home users are expected to use the Vodafone tech which I am sure works for a lot of people - for those with a smart home full of devices who need a more robust router then there is nothing that can be done.

If someone does find a way to make it work... would love to know how! 😉