Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOIP phone not hang up after caller does

andrewinstirlin
4: Newbie

Has anybody had a problem with gigafast VoIP not dropping line at end of an incoming call and making a a high pitched whine until the call is cancelled by me (by physically hanging up). It is most noticeable with answering machine where the message ends and the far end puts the phone down  and the whine starts  and continues until I physically hang up on my phone.

37 REPLIES 37

looks like they have a problem here....thats a few folk already and im guessing there will be lots others....

It seems to be the VOIP that is the problem.

Vodafone...what are you doing about this.....mine has started acting up again!!!

I thought the problem fixed...but it is NOT.......there is clearly a problem with the vodafone gigafast system - either the router or the system itself....

I don't think the router is the issue as I have not updated the firmware/software and this problem was not present for the last year of use.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andrewinstirlin @AnnieBody01 Hi both, if you haven't already please do drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter. We can take a look into what may be causing this with your landline and reach out to our Gigafast team if needed. 

If you include your Community username and a link to your post when messaging us, you then won't need to write your query out again. 

It is bad enough that I have had to sign up for the Vodafone community because Vodafone do not want to know.

There is no way on this planet that I intend signing up for social media just because Vodafone cannot and will not resolve the problem of their own making.

Please respond stating whether this is new a requirement of Vodafone that doesn't exist in any contract I have agreed to or an independent method of getting more media website members for gain.

Please respond stating what action Vodafone intend to take and why they are now insisting I have to jump through their hoops again.

May I also remind you that the ombudsman sided with my previous complaint regarding Vodafone's refusal to respond to my being blatantly lied and refusing to respond unless I attended a branch in person.

This issue has been reported to Vodafone by many members and they refuse to deal with it.

Consequently this forum discussion has been created.

What we all want from Vodafone is a response and rectification. not sweeping it under the carpet by using third party media to hide the problem.

I trust you have no objection to my reporting the lack of action, apparent refusal and third party media requirements to Ofcom.

Please confirm that your response comes with the blessing of Vodafone's senior management.

Well said! There is clearly a problem with gigafast that they need to fix... Their social media contact is a waste if time...I tried it and got a useless response..ie call us !

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

As we're part of the Social Media team here on the Vodafone Community, we deal with all of our account specific queries via our social channels, on a safe and secure platform rather than a public forum. I'm afraid we'd be unable to offer you a solution, or any advise on the issues you're facing without taking a closer look into your account.

As you've mentioned this noise seems to be an issue with your Gigafast service, you'd be best contacting our Gigafast team directly via the number provided previously,; as they're the best equipped to deal with your query.  

Is this the same Gigafast team who advise they are unable to assist and recommend using the forum?

Vodafone going around in circles again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your frustration @AnnieBody01. We'd love to help you get this resolved, but as @TJ has advised, we'd need to take a closer look at your account and run some further tests with you to try and resolve this, which we wouldn't be able to do here. Our dedicated Gigafast team would be your best option to get this matter resolved, and I'd recommend giving them another go if you can.

What do you mean "run some further tests"?

This implies they have already tried something, which they haven't!

Are you suggesting the reason some of your customers are having this issue is because Vodafone Gigafast support are not doing their job, by undertaking any tests or do you mean something else?

What could you possibly achieve using social media that you cannot achieve using this forum?

Please explain.