Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Weird landline porting issue.

thevines
3: Seeker

Hi, 2 and a half weeks ago we activated our new broadband. Moved over from VM.  The broadband is perfect and our landline number was showing as our ported number. From day one we could make outgoing calls and receiving numbers could see our caller ID.  However, no incoming calls. Ring in and you'd get 'invalid number '.  Here's the weird bit, VF can call in and also found that a family member on Sky LL can call in.  2nd Line Support asked me to get different people to ring me and for me to email the number they called from and time, their service provider and whether the call was successful.  I've done that and now waiting for feedback.  Fingers crossed.  So far I've been 'fobbed off' with it will be fixed in such and such time. I'm still waiting. I think my next option will be to escalate it. 

Anyone had a similar problem and how was it resolved? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

thevines

Anyone?

Or is this unique?

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The problem itself is not unique, I think it's been raised a few times in the past year or so. What is unique though is that it's been escalated to level 2, and that they're going into so much depth for their investigation.

Maybe this bodes well for the future(?).

I hope that this is sorted out promptly for you. 

CrimsonLiar

As @Ripshod says it's not a unique situation and it's more of a "porting from Virgin Media" situation than anything else.  What's more, it's been an issue for years!

It would appear that issue has been resolved.  Incoming calls seem to be working ok. Still waiting to hear from VF for confirmation from them. 🤞