Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

two phones one landline number

mrstuharrison
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I am currently with BT for my landline and broadband. they have told me i cant i upgrade and keep my landline number for some reason. I am on FTTC, part fibre.

I want to get Vodafone broadband and landline. I currently have two phones pulled into my landline, so if someone calls, its goes to one phone, if that phone is in use and another call comes through it will go to my second phone. Is this possible with Vodafone broadband? Do I need to purchase special phones to do this, if so, what type of phones?

Thanks,

@BandOfBrothers 

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@mrstuharrison wrote:
I currently have two phones pulled into my landline, so if someone calls, its goes to one phone, if that phone is in use and another call comes through it will go to my second phone. Is this possible with Vodafone broadband?

I wouldn't have thought that possible at all, unless you have 2 phone numbers/lines and some hardware to handle the switching.

How are the phones currently connected, still connected to the PSTN? (i.e. plugged into the BT wall sockets) or using VoIP? (i.e. connected into the router)

Trying to duplicate that on Vodafone will probably be a problem, without extra equipment.

Currently my phones are connected into the back of the router, so i'm i can plug them into the back of the vodafone router, what do you think? some one mentioned DECT handsets

Jayach

The BT router's digital voice/VoIP implementation does seem much better than that of the Vodafone routers.

Although you can have multiple handsets with DECT, you won't be able to use them in the way you describe. If the phone abilities of the router are that important to you, I would give Vodafone a miss.

Maybe someone else will have better ideas.

Ripshod

You can connect a dect base to each of the two tel sockets, but both will ring at the same time, and be locked to that one call. As @Jayach pointed out, what you want to do is not possible on Vodafone - it's a BT "feature".