Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router not calling a particular mobile number

EMJ123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I've had Vodafone Essentials for over a year now with no problems but in the last 2 days my landline will not call my mobile phone (I use it to find my mobile when it's misplaced in the house). I get the 'unobtainable' tone like my mobile number doesn't exist. My mobile doesn't ring but when I look in my 'recent calls' it has registered it as a missed 'video call'. Other landlines can ring me, I can ring and connect any number from my mobile, including this  landline. There is no problem with my mobile connecting to the wifi. It's just this issue with calling from landline to my mobile? I've rung both Vodafone and my mobile provider O2 and both are stumped (but looking into it). I've reset the router, removed and then reconnected the network on my mobile. Any ideas??

3 REPLIES 3

lcsneil
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Does this workaround fix it by chance?

If so same issue as me

lcsneil

Thank you! Switched off VoLTE (WiFi calling wasn't on anyway). I have no idea what any of this stuff means but now I can use my landline again to locate my mobile when I misplace it. It's all I ever used the landline for 😂. Is this VoLTE setting strictly necessary for anything in particular? No point in me switching it on when I leave the house because when I get back if I misplace the mobile I won't be able to find it again

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_LTE

Not every handset and provider have it.