Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Avg Or Kaspersky

westhamunitedfc
4: Newbie
I have tried both of these security packages and they both seem to work fine. Is there one that someone would go for because of a particular reason and has anyone had problems with any of these two with vodafone mobile broadband?
11 REPLIES 11

daveastra
13: Advanced Member
I have tried both of these security packages and they both seem to work fine. Is there one that someone would go for because of a particular reason and has anyone had problems with any of these two with vodafone mobile broadband?

hi there, i dont know about with the mobile broadband, but avg normally searches for updates at every connection, so could use up alot of data, kaspersky, im not so sure, i think you have to ok the upsate first, however kaspersky do give a 30 day trial for free, so may be worth checkin it out

i must say iv found both to be very good, the only one iv seen people get a problem with on the mobile broadband is norton 360 as its very aggressive in the way it controls stuff

hope this helps

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
I cannot see the point of paying for an antivirus solution when perfectly good free ones exist- AVG or avast! from my point of view.
Neil

westhamunitedfc
hi there, i dont know about with the mobile broadband, but avg normally searches for updates at every connection, so could use up alot of data, kaspersky, im not so sure, i think you have to ok the upsate first, however kaspersky do give a 30 day trial for free, so may be worth checkin it out

i must say iv found both to be very good, the only one iv seen people get a problem with on the mobile broadband is norton 360 as its very aggressive in the way it controls stuff

hope this helps

yeah, i had norton before and it was awful.

Ive just searched the forums to see that some people are experiencing problems trying to update Kaspersky. Is this the same for everyone with the USB modem and kaspersky internet security 2009?

Neil_Brown
I can only speak from personal experience, but, if I used Windows, Norton would not be allowed near it... I found trying to remove it from a couple of friends' machines to be a nightmare.
Neil

stuggy
Not a problem with Kaspersky 2009 , got it on 3 Pc's at home and another 3 at work.

all update easily, both on hardwired and wireless. Just make sure that you only have 1 firewall running otherwise .. yes there are problems.
+1 Norton disliker.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

westhamunitedfc
Not a problem with Kaspersky 2009 , got it on 3 Pc's at home and another 3 at work.

all update easily, both on hardwired and wireless. Just make sure that you only have 1 firewall running otherwise .. yes there are problems.
+1 Norton disliker.

and you are with vodafone for your broadband and use the 2009 kaspersky programme?

cjm1979
yeah, i had norton before and it was awful.

Ive just searched the forums to see that some people are experiencing problems trying to update Kaspersky. Is this the same for everyone with the USB modem and kaspersky internet security 2009?

I and a few others were having problems updating but VF fixed this around a week ago and i have not had any problems since. I have installed this on both of my own and around 5 or 6 family and friends pc's and not had a problem once (apart from the update thing which was down to VF making firewall changes at their end) and no infections. You can set up updates for automatic, manual and also fixed intervals like hour, days, weeks. Also they release a new version around every July and you upgrade for free for the remainder of your subscription.

You can get it from most pc shops and the place i get it from, Ccl , you can get a 1 user version for less than £12 and a 3 user version for around £14 with free next day delivery.

I agree with the comments about Norton. Everytime i try to remove it from someones pc it takes ages and never seems to completly uninstall.

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
AVG, spybot, adaware and if all else fails Hijack This

does the job for me

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

flagpole
12: Established
12: Established
for free av i would recommend avira free
http://www.free-av.com/

it's very light weight compared to particularly avg8