Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bought a R218H Mifi (ebay)

User1102
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I have bought a brand new vodafone R218h from ebay, but obviously no sim included, I plan to buy a pay as you go sim and buy a data bundle to use with the Vodafone mifi I have bought.

Will this work like this and are their any issues? I plan to also use this kn Turkey 🇹🇷.

Please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

If you purchased the device from ebay, at a guess the seller just needed a new PAYG data SIM.  I would recommend purchasing a PAYG SIM from this link:  PAYG data SIM. 

If you would prefer pay monthly, there is information here:  Data only SIM   The link also has information on using the device when you would be abroad in Turkey.

If you are planning on using a Turkish SIM the device will be locked to Vodafone UK and there would also be the added problem of having to change the APN settings.  There is further information on unlocking here: Unlock request Form you will need to scroll down and use Vodafone data services.

Also further information here:  I’ve just got a new Mobile WiFi device. How do I get started? 

Am I able to purchase other bundles to make it work with the mifi router? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend VOXI, as they have no contract, high data allowances. They run on Vodafone and their SIMs are also made by Vodafone.

8GB/10 pounds

20GB/15 pounds

45GB/20 pounds

All no contract...

Also, as your MiFi is locked to Vodafone, no, it won't work in Turkey. However, roaming will work in Europe.

Hi, 

Again as my Mifi is the Vodafone  r218h and as you say it will most likely be locked to Vodafone only.

My question is again, if I use a regular pay as you go sim and buy a bundle for example a £15 bundle that offers 15gb data, will this work in the mifi for 4g and that too in turkey?

Again VOXI as you have stated will not work in turkey and as the mifi is locked to Vodafone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will confirm that yes, that plan will work for UK and Europe for 4G.

Pay as you go roaming will work in Turkey, with your Vodafone pay as you go SIM! :Thumbs_Up:

Also, I didn't think that VOXI would work in Turkey, but it appears it will after enquiring about roaming.

Use this link to find roaming information for any country.

Hope this helps! :Winking_smiley: