Ask

Solution

CSC

JothamKE
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have this phone I bought from eBay.

Galaxy So.

The Network Status says : UNLOCKED but CSC is still on VD2 & VOD. Id like some assistance bcoz I only knew this after replacing the screen, which was the reason the initial owner sold it.

I have the eBay proof of purchase and the details of the person who sold it. 

Help on this would mean alot. Coz shipping it back to UK is really costly and I have already replaced the screen..

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Vodafone didn't sell you the phone, this is going to be between you and the seller, you have their details make a return, you want your money back. Or report them to PayPal.

With the CSC showing as on VD2 & VOD there may also be additional problems and the seller may mav reported the phone as lost or stolen. A common scam, unfortunately, this is a risk you take purchasing from a company such as ebay.

My 2cents tells me, when a phone is reported stolen, eithef the IMEI check shows REPORTED STOLEN, or VODAFONE blocks it. Neither of the two is the case. 

CSC just shows this was a regional phone locked by the carrier under contract. Once the contract is over, I don't understand why the carrier should continue holding the device status..that's my point. 

I can provide them with the IMEI and they can check on all legal details and procedures. The IMEI is clean, so it can only be a tempered contract and in fact at that point, I am more of help to Vodafone. 

BandOfBrothers

@JothamKE 

Vodafone Uk wouldn't engage with you over this as you are not the original owner of the phone etc. 

As previously mentioned by @AnnS  you'll need to engage with the original seller.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks a lot.

I guess I need to take this as an opportunity and not a burden...I will start studying Python & Java/Kotlin then I can join the hacking community...🤐🤐🤐