cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dashboard not displaying mobile number when locked to 4G.

Sadman2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Upgraded my mobile broadband to 4G with a r218h wifi unit, and payg sim. but if I lock it to (4G only) it does not display the mobile number and also will not give the account balance. If left on auto, or locked to 2G, 3G it will display the number and account info. I am locking it to 4G because if it changes to 3G mid download it can stall and require the download to be started again, this can cripple my remaining data balance. I ask as it is a pain having to keep switching from 4G to one of the others just to find the balance on the account.

4 REPLIES 4

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's very strange @Sadman2 🤔 Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, or tried using a different browser to access the dashboard since you've upgraded? Give this a try and let me know how you get on, if you're still having trouble; don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thanks for the reply, and yes I have tried the usual clearing cache and cookies. I have tried using IE11, Edge, Chrome on windows 10, it also does the same in chromium on Linux mint. If I use any of the other connection settings (auto 2G,3G,4G), (auto 2G,3G) locked 2G, locked 3G it will show the mobile number when I login, but locked 4G it just says "sim number".

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It seems really strange this is still happening, even since clearing your cache and cookies @Sadman2. Are you able to log in to your Dashboard using a different device? For example, a laptop or PC. Alternatively, I'd suggest restarting your device and trying again - doing this will refresh your connection and may help with your details showing when you're logging in connected to 4G only. Please keep me updated with how you get on. 

So far I have tried using a laptop running the windows 10 operating system,  a different laptop running the linux mint operating system, a PC running windows 10, all with the same effect. I have tried rebooting the device while it is locked to 4G only, but it is still the same. I have tried another sim from a vodafone R208 that I have, and it still does the same. At the moment I feel that there may be an issue with the dashboard software not reading the sim correctly. I have checked if there is a update for the unit but it says it is upto date.