Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube and slow to load pages

rgiblin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have just moved from EE 4GEE to Vodafone Gigacube due to the unlimited data package.  Only 1 day in and there is definitely an issue with the Gigacube devices or firmware.

Whilst the speed is 50+mbps loading of pages can take upto a minute.  

I have dropped the sim into another unlocked 4G device and this worked without an issue, so the fault with the Huawei device which is really disappointing.

I have seen a few other issues but seriously need to resolved this within the next 13 days because if its not fit for purpose then I will raise further.

Can I please get some guidance. 

43 REPLIES 43

Thanks for that. I’ll see how the Gigacube goes over the next few days - it is the 5G version and I get 5G about half the time - though little or no change in performance from when it shows 4G only.

Hi. I had this problem of very very slow loading of web pages but only on mine and my wife's iPhone 8's. My Macbook was fine and so were both the phones using a neighbour's wifi. I have set a new APN using your instructions and so far it works a treat. It has also speeded up the time it took to find an optimal server when using the Ookla speed test app, it could take up to a minute before but is now down 1 or 2 seconds. I was about to try to get a solution from Vodafone but wouldn't have bet on my chances so a big fat thank you for this. Hopefully it'll still be working in a week/month/year 😀

This is awesome rmcc!

Implemented exactly as you advised and it seems to have worked a treat so far. Only been a few hours as yet but I will continue to monitor for the next few days and see how it goes.

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind:-

1. I now have my iMac connected directly to Gigacube via Ethernet. Will I have to make any changes to the settings for this connection ie. ethernet as opposed to wifi?
2. Have you experienced any other issues with Gigacube? I noticed one of your posts mentioned issues with Netflix via Apple TV 3rd gen?

Many thanks in advance!

Glad this solution helped! It's been working great for me for months now.

1. The solution applies to all connection types - regardless of ethernet or wifi.

2. Yes, I still have issues with the 3rd Gen Apple TV, unfortunately. Not much I can do there I'm afraid. This is def a Vodafone issue - but something tells me it won't be sorted. You can't win 'em all I guess.

My home is due to get a full-fibre connection in winter 2023, so until then, I'm stuck with the Gigacube, which to be fair has been a real godsend in terms of working from home. (So I don't want to sound too negative.)

Ryan

That's great Ryan and thanks again.

Sorry to ask loads of questions but will I need to apply the same settings again to the ethernet section of the router settings?

Just to note I haven't changed anything in the ethernet settings yet and my iMac seems to be working super fast with no issue (as yet!)..

I too am waiting for fibre to my property which is supposedly in the pipeline but I think could take at least a year if not more... Ironically I live in the centre of the business district in Liverpool city centre which is absolutely ridiculous... So I am also planning to source a 5g router myself (I'm only 1 day into the 14 day cooling off period on this deal) and then subscribe to a 1 month rolling 5g Unlimited Data sim only deal so I am not tied in.

Would you say go for a Gigacube (unlocked so I can resell later) or a different router as some have suggested one of the TP Link's might be better?

Again thanks again in advance.

Just as an update the APN settings kindly provided by rmcc worked for about half a day then the 'slow loading page / timeout' issues returned just as before..

This can be corrected by quickly switching wifi on and off but obviously this isn't an acceptable solution..

Also to note my iMac which is hard connected via ethernet is fine, no issues at all and very fast but I obviously want to be able to use my laptop and other devices such as iPhone via wifi..

I have just been given an alternative set of APN settings by Vodafone technical team which interestingly only include ipv4 as opposed to ipv4 + ipv6..

Already even after an hour of use similar issues seem to be presenting. I still have 11 days of the 14 day cooling off period to end contract and return Gigacube which at this rate I will be doing.

Anyone else still experiencing these issues or have any updates??!!

Huge thank you for these settings  - stable and fast for 24hrs and counting.  Suffered same issues with very slow loading of webpages despite fast connection.  I am using the new H122-373 Cpe Pro 2 and this suffered exactly the same issues as the previous model (the one most people are discussing on this thread) until I made the changes above.

Thanks so much for this! Got my Huawai 5G Gigagcube today and had exactly the same issue - high bandwidth but slow to start downloading pages. 18 months on from the original post but the issue is still there and this APN change to the Cloudflare DNS worked immediately and perfectly!

Hi there. I have treid to do what you suggested by changing the profile but the options are all greyed out so I can't. I called Vodaphone technical and after 20 minutes arguing with the unhelpful technician who told me you can't change the profile, I put the phone down. How were you able to do this?

Thanks - Mark

Ha ha please post if you receive they promised me the same a week ago it never turned up