cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I get Mobile Broadband Occasional Usage tariff - £1 per 1000Mb?

davidthornton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Vodafone Mobile Broadband SIM card which up until 2 or 3 years ago had a price plan including 50Gb per month. Since I wasn't using it, after I spoke with CS I was asked if I would like to retain the SIM card and move onto an occasional mobile broadband usage price plan where I would pay for only what I used in the future. I accepted this and changed price plan.

I currently have £20.83 in credit on the account.

My account/line lists the following items:

'30d Flex Data SIM Plan - 250MB', 'inclusive roaming in 51 European destinations 'and 'occasional use mobile broadband bundle'.

Page 2 in the PDF document referring to prices at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/evo-mbb-charges-guide.pdf (updated in 2024) states that 'occasional use mobile broadband plan' at a cost of £1 per 1000Mb (1Gb). 

I have talked to CS over Vodafone online chat and also for more than 1 hour by telephone but have not received a satisfactory answer to my question.

Question: Why can I only use 250Mb of data before I am cut off? I am expecting to be able to use 1000Mb at £1 as part of the occasional use mobile broadband plan, particularly as I have credit on the account?

I would like this solved. 

4 REPLIES 4

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @davidthornton. You've advised your current plan is a 30 day 250MB plan, meaning you'll be cut off once you've used 250MB unless you add additional data to your account. As this is a 30 day plan you'd be able to change this whenever you'd like with no early termination fee to a plan with more data if you'd prefer this. Please reach out to a member of the Sales team on 191 from a Vodafone phone, 03333 040191 from any other UK phone, or through our Live Chat here, and they'll be able to assist you 🙂

Hi @Beth . How do I make use of the 'occasional use mobile broadband plan' at a cost of £1 per 1000Mb (1Gb), detailed on page 2 in the PDF document https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/evo-mbb-charges-guide.pdf which is an extra on my account in the form of ''occasional use mobile broadband bundle'? 

Please reach out to a member of the Sales team and they'll be able to advise you further 🙂

I have done that, both via the online chat and also via the telephone. Unfortunately neither was able to provide me with an answer.

The online chat operator could not provide me with the answer to my question.

Unfortunately, telephoning Vodafone CS is fraught with a number of difficulties. Today I was put on hold at least five times during the call which lasted more than one hour, to Vodafone, while two different CS tried to find answers. At first they seemed to misunderstood what I was asking. Both agents spoke good English but the call QoS makes understanding what they said difficult at times. Neither they nor anybody they spoke to was able to answer the question I have asked.

It is much easier for me to write out what I would like to know and provide references, such as a link to the PDF detailing what I am asking about. Someone can take what I have written, find out an answer and respond.

Nobody I have spoken to so far at Vodafone knows:

How do I make use of the 'occasional use mobile broadband plan' at a cost of £1 per 1000Mb (1Gb), detailed on page 2 in the PDF document https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/evo-mbb-charges-guide.pdf which is an extra on my account in the form of ''occasional use mobile broadband bundle'?