cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Should I have a charger with r228t upgrade? or use existing charger?

Colonel_Mustard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have received an r228t hotspot as an upgrade. It has a usb cable but no charger, i.e. to plug into the mains socket. The instructions say to use only approved chargers. Should it have had a charger with it? or am I supposed to use the charger from the previous device?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

According to the specifications on this link Mobile Broadband the device does not come with a mains charger. @Colonel_Mustard , although I do admit being unable to find the r228t on the website and the closest I was able to find was the r219 but would assume the box contents would be identical.

If a USB cable is provided you would be able to charge the device direct from the PC.  

It is strange because the r219 is what I am upgrading from, and that did have a charger.

There is no PC in the household, only internet devices. I think I am probably supposed to use the charger from the existing device, r219. But plugging it into a PC, or the r219 charger, would seem to contradict the instructions which say to use only an approved charger.