Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to upgrade tariff

Coojeebear
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I decided to go with Vodafone despite then being listed as having the worst customer care of any mobile company. I thought, they can't be THAT bad?

So I got a SIM only deal for my mobile & about a Gigacube on a pay monthly 30-day rolling contract, meaning I paid for the Gigacube outright.

2 months later, I now see that an unlimited data tariff is available, which is obviously much better than the slightly stingy 100gb tariff. Better still, it costs only an additional £10 per month.

This is where the horror starts. My Vodaphone website lists my Gigacube account as being not possible to upgrade until after March 2019. The smartphone app lists it as not yet elegible for an upgrade. Support chat passes me one to the next for half an our before cutting me off. This is a regular thing for supoprt chat - something slightly difficult, blow off the customer.

So I made an official complaint. I was called by a help lady who English is not one of her main languages. We plowed through the conversation & she said eventually that Vodafone online cannot help & I need to visit a Vodafone store, which I did today. A 2 hour round trip resulted in the fact that all the store could do was to sell me a brand new Gigacube. This is silly, as I already have a new unit & don't want to buy another.

So here comes another official complaint & a note that if you buy a Gigacube - you can't change the tariff.

1 REPLY 1

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Coojeebear I'm so sorry to hear about all of the problems you've been having with your GigaCube. We'll be happy to take a closer look into everything for you. 
So we can do this, please get in touch with us via our Social Media channels. You can speak to us via Facebook Messenger at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username.