Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Out of Footprintd in Isle of wight Area

No1yoyo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.  I'm using Internet in the Car and getting out of footprint error when connecting Internet.  This has worked for over a year and yes IOW is in UK so this appears to be a network issue.  Support have failed to respond so far. 

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @No1yoyo 👋 do you mean you're using the Business Internet in the Car service? If so, you can contact the Internet of Things (IoT) team here for further help. 

Alternatively, do you mean you're using a separate consumer data SIM for your car or using your mobile SIM as a hotspot? Do you just have issues when you're getting in and out of the car or all over?

It does depend on where you are on the island - we are aware of some issues near Newport, which you can see on our Network Status Checker. If you pop the postcode in there, you can check your local area for further information. 

If there's nothing showing by you, please follow these Network Troubleshooting steps

It's not business just Internet in the care from Vodafone.  I have been over most of island and it doesn't work you get the error Out of Footprints.  I seen some technical service issues in some areas but the island isn't very big so if its Newport its whole island.  However its also been down for atleast a week 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's sounds like this could be a network issue @No1yoyo. If the steps in the troubleshooting steps in @Amanda's link didn't help, pop us a private message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.