Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal since 3g switch off

JAMESORCHARD
10: Established
10: Established

Any one else got poor service/signal since 3g switch off? Think vodafone 3g switch off is a step backwards. My s22 ultra is always warm from always searching for signal since 3g switch off! Before I could get a steady 8mbps now I'm either getting nothing or  rarely 150mbps when 5g appears I've got to put my phone on silent at night to stop all the no service notifications 😑 poor show vodafone I'd rather have a reliable signal than this occasionally 1bar 4g or 1bar 5g

99 REPLIES 99

1000002374.jpg

1000002373.jpg

haha would you'd look they have downgraded the 4g coverage 🤔 🙄 vodafail the improvement network  🤣 

Spot on, sir! 🙂

I can support this assertion. When living in temporary accommodation a couple of years ago, my two phones both connected to a mast that was not the nearest one. I believe this was giving an overall better signal because, despite being way further away, it was pretty much line-of-sight to me whereas the mast closest to me was slightly over a hill and that hill was densely covered in pine trees. Your physically closest mast is not necessarily the mast your device regularly connects to.

Dorcots
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the same problem as the OP and have now resolved it (for me at least). For the sake of clarity, I have started a new conversation titled "Poor Connection after 3G Switch-Off. RESOLVED."

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Poor-Connection-after-3G-Switch-Off-RESOLVED/td-p/27...

Thanks for your reply but I'm moving to another network. After 3.5yrs of vodafone saying its my phone settings lol and me insisting the signal strength at my home address was declining (it was fine before) on the network checker they have finally changed it to a good out doors only which is still bull s##t a intermittent 1bar 4g!  What gets on my nerves from vodafone is the constant delay/deflection lies.

Why can't they just give you a direct answer?  Instead of the whole circus roundabout they make you go through 🙄 think if vodafone stopped with the internet mbps obsession (who is this person who needs 100mbps on a mobile phone?) and focused on signal reliability and improved customer service it would help. 

But then I'm just a idiot who'd rather drive a slow reliable ford fiesta on a journey than a ferrari that breaks down 4x on the way.

You nailed it, dude! Let me paraphrase you, "if all mobile networks stopped with the internet mbps obsession (who is this person who needs 100mbps on a mobile phone?) and focused on signal reliability and improved customer service it would help." 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here and I ended up having to disable 4G on the phone and fall back on 2G. While vodafone claim to be beefing up the network, this only applies in large population areas.  Rural communities, once again, are being ignored and let down. Unless I drive a mile down the road, it sometimes takes text messages a week to reach my phone.  I went to the ombudsman to try and force vodafone to provide the service I am paying for, but apparently they are permitted to take my money and not provide a reliable service.

Flyboyz
3: Seeker

Totally agree with you James. The removal of the 3G network has revealed vast gaps in coverage (4G & 5G) and also loaded up capacity of the 4G network that also slows down speeds.  At home I no longer receive indoors data coverage whereas did before from a 3g mast that was ¼mile away til it was removed. Indoors at home is always wifi calling now. 

Very premature on Vodafone's part and means I can't renew contract later. 

Hi @Flyboyz Sorry to hear you've noticed a decline in your network performance. We're here to help and can take a closer look into your network with you. Feel free to pop us a message via our Social Media Team on the contact information found here and we can get things looked into. 

PARKINS63

I travel throughout mainland UK  and Northern Ireland and I can confirm that since the 3G switch off I now struggle to get network throughout the uk , even within cities and on major transport routes. The majority of the time I get the dreaded E which basically means no continuity in signal to make calls and definitely no data , I’ve been with Vodafone for many years because their network was relatively robust , but now it is fragile in most parts of the uk , when you do eventually get 5G it is slow and in some cases unresponsive 

my Wife and my Daughter are also with Vodafone and we are all experiencing the same issue 

Are there any plans to rapidly improve the UK Network or do we have to move to another Network provider?