cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow data no 4g from east croydon to london bridge?

Mjpl81
1: Seeker

Regular issue meaning you cant stream anything, listen to music or browse the internet on what is a main route into london, signal is a complete joke but despite reporting there is no improvement. Anyone else have these issues?

10 REPLIES 10

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mjpl81 - It's often difficult to achieve a reliable service on a train, as you're constantly moving at speed and connecting to multiple masts. This is why many train companies offer on-board Wi-Fi.

Please let us know if you experience this when stationary in a certain postcode and we’ll take a closer look.

Thanks Gemma, its still quite obvious when stationary at times on the journey so i will advise the locations. Appreciate its difficult but what use is talk of 5g if customers cant use phones on trains for 3 or 4g. Frustrating. Many thanks 

Colmobr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Never mind connectivity on the train what about around London Bridge station itself ! Why do Vodafone have no coverage at one of London’s largest transport hubs??

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Colmobr It's disappointing to hear you're having problems at London Bridge. External factors such as power lines, building materials and the number of people connecting to the local masts, can sometimes affect the general coverage in these types of area.
If you'd like us to take a closer look into the specific location, please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread. Should you still be experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

keshavgadia
1: Seeker

I regularly face the same issue in 2020 as well. It is very frustrating as I commute daily on this route.

I can't see why this can't be fixed given the other operators provide full 4G signal on the same route and it is also not a problem on other train routes except London Underground.

Please can this be addressed. I love Vodafone otherwise and would like to stay with Vodafone as far as possible.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We can take a closer look into this @keshavgadia. Can you pop us your results back from our troubleshooting template?  Please be aware that if this is while you're travelling, we're unable to guarantee full coverage during journeys as you'll be connecting to different sites. If it's while you're in the station, factors such as the amount of traffic connecting to one site or building materials can affect your speeds. Switching down to 3G can improve this for you.

This does seem to be a major issue still. 

Have tried on 

brand new Pixel 6 phone ----same issue

Apple i phone ---- same issue

Same phone using o2 --- no issue

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @ritsp, As my colleague Tash explained, it's important to be aware that if this is while you're travelling, we're unable to guarantee full coverage during journeys as you'll be connecting to different sites. If it's while you're in the station, factors such as the amount of traffic connecting to one site or building materials can affect your speeds. Switching down to 3G can improve this for you. 
We'd also be happy to help you investigate the network issue if it's not affecting you while on the move. If you'd like some help with this, please try the initial steps highlighted here and drop us a message over on Twitter or Facebook here and we'll pick things up for you 😊

Thanks for the response. but .. as i said it only appears to be vodafone. Are you saying that other operators dont have issues on this line, because i can show you this doesnt appear to be the case. sorry

ps

Dropping to 3g doesnt even connect.