cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What frequency does Vodafone use for 4G in NG21 9HJ?

BilboStag
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Moving into the area and want to use a TP-Link MR600, with an external ariel, but they don’t support the 800Mhz band.

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BilboStag We predominately use 800 and 2600Mhz frequencies for our 4G network. I've checked your postcode and the network in your area is the 800Mhz service. 

Thanks @Mark 

Do you know what upload and download I can expect in this area?

@BilboStag If you check out the Network Status Checker here you can see the predicted upload and download speeds for all of our network frequencies for any postcode. 

For your area we expect you to achieve 4G download speeds of between 3.8Mbps and 60Mbps and 4G upload speeds between 0.9Mbps and 23.2 Mbps 🙂

Cheers @Steph 

One last thing.

My wife has an old Samsung S5, currently on EE. If she swaps this to Vodafone will this phone be usable indoors and out?

You're welcome @BilboStag 😊

As long as your wife's phone can connect to the 2G or 4G network she will be able to use it indoors and outdoors as your area has good coverage for both 🙂 

@BilboStag If you check out the Network Status Checker here you can see the predicted upload and download speeds for all of our network frequencies for any postcode. 

For your area we expect you to achieve 4G download speeds of between 3.8Mbps and 60Mbps and 4G upload speeds between 0.9Mbps and 23.2 Mbps 🙂