Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone H-500-s frequency change

Mister_opel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
  • Hello. I have multiple routers on my property. I want to move my Vodafone H-500-s router from 40MHz to 20Mhz but do not find that option. It is for better signals with so many routers in the same space. Please assist. 
2 REPLIES 2

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Unfortunately, these are the UK support forums, so no one here is going to be very conversant with your router.  Normally a router is only ever going to use the 40MHz bandwidth if and when there is little competing traffic in the vicinity.  If you do post his question on the Vodafone South Africa help pages it's probably a good idea to give examples of what is working badly rather than just how you want to fix the issue.
*WiFi4 (802.11n) introduced the use of subcarriers, which already help reduce interference between neighbouring radios - at least to a degree.

I will look for the south africa forum. I know how to fix my issues. All I need to do is change the frequency to 20mhz. I have many routers in close proximity and overlapping. Even though I have them broadcasting on different channels they still overlap when in 40mhz. My other routers is set correctly. I only wish to find the 20mhz option on the router. I need nothing else. I just cannot see it on this router. Thank you.