Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi access on London Underground ;am PAYG;

commute
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I enable access to WiFi on London underground; all I can find is these instructions ;

EE WiFi Auto; access method EAP; EAP  to SIM 

But;   that is for EE is it not and  I am  on Vodafone;  do those  instructions apply to Vodafone too??  

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

See this information from the website @commute 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/support/articles/how-can-i-connect-to-wifi-on-the-london-underground----1...

Additional information from the forum WiFi on the London Underground 

Hope that provides the information you need.

Thanks for the help but still does not work; am thinking  of taking the phone to the Vodafone store  when I got it  with loads of screen shots of the problem  ;there may be a  simple  solution that I still cannot find

I have  not changed any settings as yet   but when I try to   access the Vodafone  wi fi  network  on the underground I get 'EAP  authentication  error   16384'  notification are  we  supposed to use the Vodafone  Wifi   for the underground  ;of interest is   Vodafone  wi fi  available   on the underground as as I understand it   EE   wi fi is all that is available;are  we not supposed to   access the EE network  but even when I try to do that  I am  prevented  with a page to identify  myself and a  password ;oddly on my (very )old  Huwawei  phone I had  no problems   but with my new  Samson galaxy 5 g  phone it is  different 

Just found this 

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/station-wifi

Using the Wi-Fi service

It's quick and easy to get started - just enable Wi-Fi on your device to connect automatically to the service provided by your mobile network, for example:

• EE WiFi-Auto
  • Wifi Extra (for O2)
  • Three_WIFI
  • VodafoneWiFi
  • _The Cloud (in London Overground)

Your devices will automatically pick up the Wi-Fi signal when you're in a Wi-Fi enabled station. There's no signal in tunnels, but your phone will connect to the signal at the next Wi-Fi enabled platform so you can pick up where you left off.

IS it supposed to auto-connect  !!

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's in transition!  At worst, with your phone properly setup you'll get Wifi at all the stations in the innermost zones.  Increasingly on my last visit, you'll get WiFi on many trains in tunnels.
For me it was mostly seamless, but I am setup for VF, EE, and BT.
*I only spend a couple of weeks per year visiting London.  The service struggles during rush hour!