cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can you believe it’s nearly April already?!

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I for one can’t believe where this year is going (I’m sure everyone says this, every year) 🙈
I’m sure so much has already happened, but it’d be great to know what everyone's plans, goals and aspirations are for the rest of 2018?

I got engaged last month and I’m currently in the process of buying my first house, so I’ve got lots to look forward to (apparently being much lighter in the pocket is one of them) 🏡💸

I’d also love to get away for a week somewhere in the UK. I’ve haven’t seen anywhere near enough of the beautiful country we live in and it’s been on my ‘to do list’ for a long time, so any suggestions on where I should head to first would be great 😁

I’ll hopefully be taking part in my 6th charity run for Cancer Research UK or possibly a moonlight walk for a local charity called Douglas Macmillan. Given the fact I haven’t done ANY exercise since last year’s race, the walk sounds much more appealing 🚶

So what are your goals and plans for the rest of the year? I’d love some inspiration!

12 REPLIES 12

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Congrats @Colleen that's wonderful news and buying a new home - very exciting.

Suggestions for the UK - The Lake District, Cornwall, the Highlands of Scotland and, of course, the most beautiful county of Essex including a good dose of London.

I have a grand daughter due in a couple of weeks so that will be nice and a sister for my grandson. That could well be the high point of the year. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw

Hi @Colleen I retire at the end of this year so looking forward to that and doing some traveling, I have a very young granddaughter who is keeping me busy. 

I live in the beautiful county of Northumberland with lots of fabulous scenery right on my doorstep.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Colleen

As a Grandfather to 5 ranging from 9 years of age to 4 months old so its difficult to find the time- lol. 

I love my Granddad duties.  :Smiling:

I recently moved work location and moved from Part Time Hours to Full Time too.

Getting away somewhere this Year in the UK is on my to do list also. 

Where I'm not sure but I'm always drawn to the East Coast as thats where I spend most of my childhood holidays so it invokes good memories. 

I agree this year is moving on fast with Easter nearly upon us = more Grandad Duties ensue. :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've got nothing big happening year. Only got one big event happening, not sure if I've mentioned it yet @Colleen but i'm going to see Jay and Bey on 13th June. 😉

hrym

I'll second the suggestions of Northumberland and the Scottish Highlands.   For the latter, if you like driving adventure and wild places, check out the North Coast 500 ("Scotland's Route 66").   It's manufactured for tourism, but is a superb introduction to some wonderful scenery and you can refresh your favourite bits on subsequent visits.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I hope the weather starts to reflect this soon then 🙄 Bring on Spring 🌱

We went to the Lake District last year for a week and it was beautiful, I'd definitely recommend a trip! Personally I'm waiting for June when I get to go and sun myself in Espana!

I turned the big 30 this year too, so planning a trip to Iceland for something a bit different; around November to check out the northern lights.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Several things happening rest of the year, but main thing looking forward to Umpiring in the #RhinoCup in Kenya in June.

This year it is going to be in Memory of the #LastMaleStanding who is no more, Sudan the Last male Northern Great White Rhino. He died last week succumbing to old age. Did it last year too.

His Daughter and Grand Daughter are the only two surviving Females.

Going to US tomorrow. Road Trip in a Tesla S to Toronto next weekend.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you all for the lovely posts. It’s so nice to hear about everyone’s plans and get to know you all a little bit more.

@jeffkinn Thank you, it’s certainly been a busy few months – the big move should be happening in the next few weeks. I don’t know whether to be excited or scared! I’ve visited Cornwall and it was lovely but I’ve never been to the Lake District, so I might have to give that a go. I love London, it’s one of my favourite places to visit, so you never know, I might have stop by Essex next time I go 😄 And congratulations, that's wonderful news – it’s certainly something to look forward to 💖

@63johnw Retirement definitely sounds like something to look forward to. I’m sure with your granddaughter and travelling, you’ll be kept very busy. You’re lucky not having to travel far, it sounds like a lovely place to live 🌳

@BandOfBrothers Aww you must be jam packed for time, but it’s very well spent I’m sure. Spending time with family is one of my favourite things to do. I love visiting places we went as a family as well – we never went to the East Coast but I’ll be sure to check it out 👍

@hrym Thanks for the suggestions, that sounds great! I love exploring new places, so I’ll definitely look into it. It’s a little far from home, but that’s just a perfect excuse to stay over for a few days 😄

@Getafix That sounds very interesting and exciting...and for a brilliant cause too! I did hear about this and it was such disappointing and sad news to hear. Good for you, I hope it all goes well 🤞 An American road trip sounds amazing – please pop back hear and let us know your favourite places.

@Mark I don’t remember you telling me no 😉

@TJ Oh that sounds amazing – I’ll be sure to pick your brains about you plans for Iceland 🛫

jeffkinn

@Colleen wrote:

I love London, it’s one of my favourite places to visit, so you never know, I might have stop by Essex next time I go 

I'm in London most days - in Belgravia right now near Victoria.

Let me know when you're in town and I'll buy you a coffee and you can explain why the My Vodafone app still doesn't work properly for me!!  :Smiley_face_with_shades:

Jeffkinn_Sig.png