cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fans angry over 'missing' iPhone 7 headphone socket.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Fans angry over 'missing' iPhone 7 headphone socket

Source : BBC News. 

Excerpt from tbe avove link. 

"More than 300,000 people have signed a petition urging Apple not to ditch the headphone socket from the version of the iPhone due for release this autumn."

I can well appreciate the passion people have on this as of yet rumour.

I use a set of Monster Turbines in-ear at £150 so unless there's some form of Adapter , which could degrade the overall quality of sounds, they could become redundant.   :Sad_face:

image.png

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

6 REPLIES 6

Nabs

I'd be very surprised if they don't offer an adapter. I'm sure they did when they changed the charging port to a lightning connector didnt they?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Nabs

They did yes. 

I bought one as my dock was the 30 pin connector and then changed to the lightening port. 

Both the Apple one and 3rd party options imo were kind of weak connection points causing loss in quality. Again just my humble opinion. 

I ended up passing on that dock and buying a lightening option instead. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs

Maybe things like this will become more popular?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Headphone-Receiver-Wireless-Black/dp/B00N7AWL2U

Ever since my beloved CX-300's gave up i've used Bluetooth headphone with my phone and can't fault them at all. 

BandOfBrothers

Actually for the cost they look pretty good. 

I've bought some Bluetooth earphones a little while ago which I reviewed on here too which are good and were I think around £10 because the round the head cord is luminous green :Winking_smiley: which I bought just to try out. This struck an interest in Bluetooth in-ear phones to which I'm still looking around. I'm not into the 'cans' over the ear variety. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs

I believe wireless will certainly be the way forward, I do wonder if Apple are maybe a year early with the change? Saying that they are usually the ones who kick start big changes like this so who knows!

I've got a pair of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AUJ4QPA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Decent sounds quality and really light, i've got a funny shaped right ear though so it keeps falling out but i've had that problem with every set of earphones i've ever bought.  I think the 'can' variety to become uncomfortable (verging on painful) after a longer period of use so tend to stay away from them.

BandOfBrothers
Same here :Winking_smiley:

I buy memory foam ear buds at £15 for a pack of three that attach to my monster turbines. You basically roll them in your finger tips and place them.jn your ear and they expand to fit your ear. Very comfortable too.

Current Phone  >