Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Feature I'd like to see on a phone: low signal warning

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the customers I deal with doing the day job ring in from mobiles which is fair enough.

However the signal from some of the areas they call from is so bad I either don't hear half of what they are saying and end up having to abandon the call or of course you might get the metallic/robotic voice where the error correction is working overtime but I still can't make out what they are saying.

It would be good if phones gave an audible warning when in the earpiece when they drop to one bar to let the caller know that the voice quality is likely to be degraded, would sound a bit like call waiting but a different tone.

The feature would be implemented in the handset's firmware so there would be nothing the operator needed to deploy.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

I firmly believe any implementation to better a users experience should be explored. The idea of this being automatic is paramount imo so the user wouldn't have to do anything. 

A little like how a phone automatically switches down from 4G for Voice Calls and then switches back up again obviously dependant on available strengths where a person is. 

I was thinking of the audible alert you mention. 

The only thing that would concern me is if a person is commuting by public transport / Car thus switching from cell to cell quite fast thus possibly having a warning repeating itself as signal changes.

A big 👍🏻 tho.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

As long as it can be turned off ...