Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Finding new posts in the forum

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It's been awhile since the forum was updated, and yet Jayach_0-1695583012520.pngdoesn't work and any previously read threads/topics with new additional posts/replies are not highlighted. 

Any timescales on when these problems may be fixed?

Are the designers even aware of them?

10 REPLIES 10

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jayach - thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please can you send over a screen shot example, of the full page you see this option on? 

Jayach

Certainly, I'm currently using linear layout, so here it is. 

Jayach_0-1696426080969.png

Jayach

There is also the problem of previously read topics not being "emboldened" when they have new posts, but I suspect the root cause is the same for both problems.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again @Jayach - I'm going to get this raised. @Mark or myself will let you know as soon as there's an update. 

Jayach

OMG, topics with unread posts are now correctly displayed in bold. Still doesn't jump to the first unread, but it seems to be improving.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jayach, thanks for you patience while we raised this with our developers. They've provided an update and are advising this issue should now be resolved. As our layout is a little different to that the Community members see, can you check and advise if this is the case?

Jayach

No, I afraid it hasn't.:Sad_face:

I selected this post 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/FTTP-Cityfibre-Traffic-shaping-suspected-Poor-downloa...

which was in bold, indicating it had new posts I hadn't seen, but it dumped me at the first post on page 1, instead of the first unread on page 5.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for checking this @Jayach, I'll let the team know the issue is still occurring.

Jayach

@Mark 

Jump to first unread is now working. 🤞they don't break it again.