Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

* Football Gossip - Cheers and Oh Dears *

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello All,

If you support a football team now is your chance to tell us.

I'm a big Stoke City fan for me sins and have been since I was kid, I'm going through highs and lows at the moment with the management change and current performance.

You can discuss all your football thoughts in this topic, as long as they're not Man Utd posts @Alex joke :Cry_Laughing:

What team do you support and why ? :Hmm_Face:

18 REPLIES 18

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I think everyone knows, I'm a Liverpool fan. 

I have been ever since the early 80's when I went to watch them play Stoke at the Victoria ground (Stoke's home before they moved to the Britannia stadium).

I've seen some truly great players play over the years, the likes of Dalgliesh, Rush, Barnes, McManaman, Fowlr, Owen, Alonso, Torres. Gerrard, Suarez, I've also seen some terrible players, the first to spring to mind is El hadji Diouf🤦

Sorry about the result last night @JohnJ I could've done with a goal from Salah too (I had him as my captain). 

You should be fine with Rafa in charge @63johnw, he won the Champions League with a team that contained Djimi Traore, so keeping Castle in the Prem should be a stroll in the park.

redpages
17: Community Champion

Another longtime Stoke City supporter here. That said if they aren't playing I'll always try and attend another match as a neutral. I've been Macclesfield Town a few times too as it's not far from me (currently top of the Conference). 

We really needed Liverpool to beat Swansea last night but they let us down. Typical that they beat top of the table Man City one week then lose to bottom of the table Swansea the next... 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@redpages That's good to know :Thumbs_Up: Are you from Stoke then ?

Also what are your thoughts on our recent manager change? 

redpages

Yes @JohnJ - I'm not far from the Vodafone Stoke office actually. 

Lambert wasn't my first choice but I think he's done and said all of the right things so far. If he strikes up a good working relationship with the board I think it'll turn out well. At Villa I don't think he had this, while at Blackburn they sold most of their best players before he came in.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@redpages @JohnJ My first live match was Stoke vs Liverpool at the Victoria ground.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can't say I'm massively into football - I've been to the odd Stoke game and like to watch England when they're on TV 

Surprisingly though... I'm top of the Fantasy Football league, aren't I @Mark 😉

Does anyone else do this? (Apart from our guys, obviously I know you do... I'm beating you all.) 🤣

Let us know how you're getting on if you have a team - if you don't, do you have any useful tips you'd like to share? 

63johnw

Hi @Colleen I don't do fantasy football but we have a sky super 6 league at work, I have just dropped to second place after leading all season so hoping to bounce back this weekend !

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@63johnw The guys i was in a pub quiz team with used to do a Super 6 league. I don't go any more, but I think they still do it. I'm good at getitng the result right, but I'm hopeless with getting the score so I always ended up mid-table. 

I still do it, and one week I'll hit the jackpot!!

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@redpages Did'nt realise you we're so close, which part?

I really hope you're right about Lambert, I don't really rate him in all honesty and would of much preferred Martin ONeil with out the Roy Keane side kick. I suppose you can't have everything :Laughing_Face:

Only time will tell with Lambert, I'm willing to give the guy a chance to prove me wrong :Socked_Face:

We've got easy games coming up so he should be able to get us a few wins :Thumbs_Up: