Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forum Ranking Changes

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everyone

Over the next few weeks we are going to be implementing some changes to improve our customers experience with our forum. While the way in which our customers use the forum will not change dramatically, the changes will make it easier to find the information you are looking for as well as some of the other functions of the site

One of the first changes we are going to make is a revamp of the forum ranking structure. This will be going live on Monday so please do not be alarmed if your rank changes on this day. At the same time as going live I will be sure to create a post that explains the new structure and answers any questions you may have on the subject.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum then please let us know in our forum feedback and suggestion board.

Ellis

43 REPLIES 43

drey_p
16: Advanced member

So, if the ranks had totally been changed and you had become a "Dishwasher II" you'd have been happy because you wouldn't have known any different but because your rank name has changed to something that you were previously, even though this means that you are in exactly the same place as you were before, you're not.

Start trying to look at the positives - this is the first time ever that we've had open clarity on the ranking structure and you now know exactly where you are overall. 

PWIAC

biffo1963

Lol Drey !!    :smileyvery-happy:     :smileylol:

Actually if the names had just been changed then none of us would be any the wiser, and I probably wouldn't have said much. Your suggested titles have a certain honesty appeal too now I think about it !   But anyway don't let me stop you having the hump if you feel so inclined, it's a free country - I'll just carry on with the attempts at humour.

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

wondered why i dropped to been a guest 😞 

Getafix
My number of thanks has dropped by more than 20%. Does that mean qualification for ranking is going to go down?

Ellis_VF

Hi Getafix

I'll have a check into this as it shouldn't be happening. Can you advise when you noticed the reduction in thanks and what levels they were at?

Getafix

Hi Ellis,

I did send you two PMs when I noticed it, Please check your inbox.

10 Jul evening noticed slight drop of IIRC of about 15 thanks.

Then around Midnight all post on the Forum disappeared. Clicked on Refresh and they started appearing again and all as Unread. This carried on until it was up to date with all showing early on 11th Morning as New posts.

Noticed the Thanks count had dropped drastically, almost 400 thanks.

Also have noticed that post count have dropped too, so definitely the issue of archiving posts is affecting Thanks Count.

p/s ranking has not changed. however presume that qualification to next ranking is still the same.

Getafix
Any Update?

Ellis_VF

Hi Getafix

No update at the moment. At present it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else and the posts disapearing / coming back unread it a bit strange.

Getafix

Hi Ellis,

If not affecting anyone else then it is definitely an issue that I would be concerned about. Having reached 1900+ and to drop to 1550 means my ranking would not change for a very long period. Previously I lost about 200+

With all that I would be lot higher and probably a few ranks up.

And if it is only I affected then as I mentioned to you previously some CC appointments for people who joined after me and theoretically below my thanks if restored. :smileysad:

Not that I would take it but I feel at least option should be available if I wish too. Anyway with that I will bid goodnight.

Ellis_VF

Hi Getafix

It is likely to be an archiving issue which is taking away the likes. I'm currently in discussion with the techs as to a way around this. I've got no time frame at the moment but I'll keep you posted.