cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Intersting little Dropbox problem (and a possible solution)

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's been going on for a while.   My wife's phone (a Sony XA) hasn't been syncing Dropbox as it should.   I tinker with it, open the app, rummage around in the menus and off it goes.   Until next time.

Then I read an article in PCPro magazine about delayed notifications on the Samsung S8.   Turns out this was down to over-agressive battery management.   Could it be the same thing?  Time till tell.   In the meantime, if you want to turn off app power optimisation, go into Settings, open Battery and tap the three dots at the top right and look for Optimisation.   If your device optimises everything by default, tick the app you want it to leave alone.   Now it should be able to run in background and, fingers crossed, things will start to happen automatically.   I haven't got Sony's Stamina mode on, by the way - this is happening in "normal" mode.

I'll keep you posted.

2 REPLIES 2

redpages

I've been having a few syncing problems on iPhone. I've got my own private Dropbox account and also a shared business one. The personal one works fine but the business one (with two other people accessing it) struggles to pull through the latest files (on mobile, not desktop). We removed all users, re-added and it seemed to resolve it. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

hrym

Pretty much instant sync this morning.