cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

News : The Uk is about to pass New Surveillance Powers.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Source : The Verge. 

Link > THE UK IS ABOUT TO WIELD UNPRECEDENTED SURVEILLANCE POWERS — HERE’S WHAT IT MEANS

Excerpt from the link....

"The UK is about to become one of the world’s foremost surveillance states, allowing its police and intelligence agencies to spy on its own people to a degree that is unprecedented for a democracy.

The legislation in question is called the Investigatory Powers Bill

The bill will legalize the UK’s global surveillance program, which scoops up communications data from around the world, but it will also introduce new domestic powers, including a government database that stores the web history of every citizen in the country.

The UK government will keep a record of every website every citizen visits for up to a year, with this information also including the apps they use on their phone, and the metadata of their calls."

My thoughts. 

Personally I've nothing to hide and support the continuing defence against the atrocities we see and read about in the world both abroad and domestic. 

That said I have to trust any information held on citizens is safe behind security defences. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Follow up piece from the Verge. 

How to avoid the UK’s new online surveillance powers

Current Phone  >

Illuvater
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
The VPN's mentioned in that article (NordVPN, AirVPN, and Private Internet Access), are all blocked on Vodafone's home broadband.
They come up as "This site can’t be reached", when you try to access them. However they all work fine from other services, such as virgin media or tesco mobile.
Are Vodafone colluding with the government, in order to prevent it's customers from circumventing the new snoopers charter?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I can't check as I do not use Vodafone Broadband. 

However it maybe beneficial to check this with Vodafone Broadband Tech Team. 

Got a question?

08080 034 515

(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)

Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >