Ask

Solution

News: WWDC 2016 June 13–17, 2016 in San Francisco

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Source : MacRumors. 

WWDC 2016 June 13–17, 2016 in San Francisco

For the U.K Monday 13th June 2016 > Starts at 6pm.  

Excerpt from the above link. 

"In 2016, Apple is expected to unveil the latest versions of iOS and OS X, and work on iOS 10 and OS X 10.12 is already well underway. We may also see new versions of watchOS and tvOS, the operating systems that run on the Apple Watch and the Apple TV. News on additional products that might make an appearance will likely be shared as we get closer to the conference date. Most of Apple's Mac lineup is due for an update and some products could potentially see refreshes at the event."

My Thoughts. > I'm certainly looking forward to learning about iOS 10 and OS X :Smiling: This information and what the iPhone 7 brings from hopefully the September 2016 Apple keynote will determine whether I stay with an iPhone or take a Year out and buy into a Samsung. :Smiling:

From PcAdvisor. 

PcAdvisor. > Apple-wwdc-2016 > How to watch the Event.

Section "How to watch WWDC 2016 live stream"

image.jpeg

Image courtesy of the link from MacRumors.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Not long to go now.........lol. 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Well today's the day. 

Lets see what's currently speculation and rumour comes to fruition. 

Current Phone  >

WoW

Lots of useful interesting additions to iOS 10 ,macOS, tvOS and watchOS. 

Too many to list here. 

Perhaps watch the Apple Keynote on a compatible device and or google.

I was however hoping for some form of 'Dark Mode' in iOS as I like dark themes. Only aesthetics :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

redpages

Apple Watch still doesn't appeal to me and I've seen about three 'out in the wild' since it launched. I don't feel the need for one with already carrying a phone.

I've used Apple TV for years but need to upgrade to the latest hardware. The biggest pain is navigating YouTube and having to type in search terms so it's about time I bite the bullet and go with Siri.

Picture in Picture on iMac is interesting, though to be honest I usually shrink windows manually on my desktop and watch YouTube on one side of the screen while working on the other if needs be! A bit of a manual workaround but it's served me well for years.

I need to take a closer look at iOS 10. I'm a bit disappointed that the latest version of iOS 9 had bugged out one of our phones making it impossible to unlock the home screen without a hard reset. I've given up trying to fix it and the only solution seems to be waiting for the next software drop. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

jeffkinn

I didn't find anything too exciting but I didn't expect to - it's all evolutionary rather than revolutionary. A lot of the new features were things that Android has had for years.

I'm always a very early adopter of upgrades but I'll be very wary of MacOS Sierra this time until I'm sure that it doesn't break Microsoft Office Products in the way that El Capitan did for a few weeks last year.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Hi @redpages

I've had a tinker with the Apple Watch and although nice and well built it did lag quite a lot especially when launching some apps. Apparently the new Watch Os looks to remedy this. That said personally I wouldn't probably benefit from having one. 

I've never had an Apple TV as I've always had Sky TV,Netflix,Now TV and also use the Chromecast. 

The new Mac Os Sierra looks to be interesting and unlike some others what I use on my Macbook Air fortunately wasn't broken by El Capitan. 

iOS 10 I must admit hasn't caught my interest to what's going to be implemented. I use the iPhone 6 Plus so I do not have access to 3D Touch. The new implementations to iMessage for me is eye candy. 

I was hoping for some more customisation in the Control Centre allowing a user to add their own toggles such as being able to turn off Mobile Data as one example. 

For me the new music controls look a little bit of a mess and half baked. But that's just my opinion on how I see it. 

I was personally hoping for Dark Mode and when the keynote talked about dark mode in Apple TV I got interested only to learn it's not an option for the iPhone  / iPad. 

What strikes me is that there is lots of chatter about iOS 10 and iPhone 7 (or whatever they call it) not being groundbreaking and that the next update to software and hardware will be the one to watch. If this came to fruition then that's another possible 12 months to wait after September 16 when Apple release the new iPhone.

Talk of Oled screens etc but not for the September 16 released iPhone model. 

Of course I accept some of this is speculation and rumour. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >