Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Outgoing smpt address for talktalk email on PC

Wise1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just swapped from talktalk broadband to Vodafone and my outgoing email on my pc isn't working even though I have changed the outgoing mail server to mail.vodafone.ie, can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply, but I checked that we could keep our talktalk emails before transferring to Vodafone.  For some reason the problem seemed to be at talktalks end as I reput in the talktalk outgoing server details and everything is now working fine.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, this forum is vodafone UK, that address has an ie code on it, are you using vodafone Ireland?

No, that is the address on the instructions I downloaded from Vodafone. I am in the UK and have already tried changing the ie to uk and it doesn't recognise it.

63johnw

smtp.vodafone.net ??

Problem seems to be resolved by going back to the talktalk settings that weren't working earlier. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

63johnw

great, fingers crossed for you.

hrym

Is it possible that talktalk don't accept incoming traffic that's not on their own network?   Or that, if you've transferred, you've lost your talktalk email address?

Do you have another email service (non provider-dependent, eg Gmail) that you could test the SMTP settings with?   If not, could you sign up for one?

Thanks for your reply, but I checked that we could keep our talktalk emails before transferring to Vodafone.  For some reason the problem seemed to be at talktalks end as I reput in the talktalk outgoing server details and everything is now working fine.