Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Push notifications WhatsApp and facebook

clairew1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My IPhone 6s has stopped telling me when I have facebook, WhatsApp or facebook messenger notices/messages. 

I have tried things advised online including full wipe and restore from back up. 

I am getting push notifications from the POF app so I can only presume that my setting are correct for this to happen. 

Any suggestions gratefully received 🙂 

Also if I delete WhatsApp and reinstall from App Store will I lose all my chats? 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to check the preference settings in the apps your having issues with @clairew1 

Regarding chat logs your only deleting the apps from the iPhone so no they hopefully should be in the main app in your iTunes. 

Now if you delete the app from your iTunes library via a computer and from your iCloud then yes it's likely they'll be lost unless you screenshot them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, yes checked preferences in WhatsApp and these are all set to notify, I have even reset them but still no notifications. They only appear when I open the apps. 

Thanks

Claire 

BandOfBrothers

Are there any preference settings for notifications in general for the iPhone in its settings that may need activating ?

i.e.

daily-tip-change-iphone-ipad-notification-center-alert-style.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes they are all turned on ☹️

I have just spent 20mins with Vodafone tech support they have pointed me in direction of apple support 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @clairew1, not getting these notifications must be really frustrating. There's a few troubleshooting steps we can try, sorry if you've already given these a go:

• Make sure you're logged out of Whatsapp/ Facebook on other devices, as this can sometimes cause problems
  • Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp. Set your preferences for Alert style (Banners, Pop-up alert, or None), Badges, and Sounds. If you want notifications to appear when your phone's display is off, enable Show on Lock Screen.
  • Removing the WhatsApp app from your device and reinstalling it is another tip you can try when WhatsApp notification is not working on iPhone.  Before doing this, it's recommended to backup your WhatsApp messages since removing the app will result in the loss of all your messages.
  • Go to "Settings" and hit "General". Go to "Reset" and hit "Reset All Settings". Type in the passcode and tap on "Reset All Settings" once again in order to verify the process.

Give these a try and let me know what Apple advise - I'll be happy to continue looking into this for you if you're still having trouble. 

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this changed notifications settings on [removed].

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

I'd love to hear more about your experience! Changing notification settings can make a big difference. Thanks for sharing your tip, I'm always looking for ways to improve!

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey there @krish12344 that's a year old thread. Is this A.I.?