Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Gear s3 frontier. My review.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Following on from my Samsung-Gear-s2-Classic-My-Review. I recently decided to upgrade to the Samsung Gear s3 frontier smart watch. 

The Samsung Gear s3 frontier brings more to the table for my wants and needs such as to name a few > more RAM memory, battery power and a slightly bigger screen.

Aesthetically i'm liking it over the s2 Classic too. 

The watch band that is supplied is very comfortable and made out of a soft rubber type material. 

The watch still has the rotating dial which is a stroke of genius on how to operate the watch. 

It has the ability to answer an incoming call due to the speaker although to be honest it's not something I'd use extensively. A little bit too much like KnightRider ! :Winking_smiley:

It's a little bit early in my ownership to say how long it goes before charging the Battery. Just to say right now im getting 2-3 days usage. 816XgVLlDVL._SL1500_.jpg

Image Courtesy of Google. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@BandOfBrothers I have the Samsung S8 at the moment and was looking into getting a smart watch of some kind.

Do both of these watches (Gear 2 and 3) do all the usual, email/ text notifications, answering calls, apps? Can you get a workout app for example, as I'm into swimming and I'm struggling to find a suitable watch to track my exercise in the water. Are these touch screen too or are they controlled with the bezel, similar to buttons used to be on the pebble?

The only other thing is I have freakishly tiny wrists 😂 Are they big? They look big?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @TJ

Yes I get all those notifications. 

The watch has Samsung Health that has a multitude of options. 

Yes I can make / take calls on the watch as long as its paired up using Bluetooth. 

The s2 Classic is slightly smaller than the s3 frontier and the s3 classic. 

That said my wrists are not massive but looks good. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You can reply to Messages. You could respond with some quick response or type a message using a telephone Keypad displayed on the screen. You dictate the Message to if you wanted.