Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Strange call claiming to be from Vodafone

Jhaslam
1: Seeker
Hi, over the last couple of days I've received missed called from the same number on 5 separate occasions. Since the number was unknown, ignored the until today when I called back.
It got picked up quite quickly, and I heard some one say hello. There was a bit of background noise at her end but I explained why I was calling there was a short pause then he usually voicemail 'Vodafone Lady' said (something aaling the lines of) Hello from Vodafone. We were just calling to check everything's ok, but we'll call back at s better time'. It then hung up.
I was wondering wether it was a genuine Vodafone call or some kind of scam.
Thanks...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jhaslam

Please see here.

Is it Vodafone calling?

Have you recently changed your contract ?  It sounds very much like the Welcoming Team checking everying is OK with your upgrade.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
Hi. Can you post the number?

AnnS

Hi @Jhaslam

Please see here.

Is it Vodafone calling?

Have you recently changed your contract ?  It sounds very much like the Welcoming Team checking everying is OK with your upgrade.

nischals

Similar issue! Call from 01709917489.

I haven't changed anything!

KittyB246

I received a call today from a man who said he was from vodafone and wanted to offer me discounted - New phone, tablet as I was a valued customer. I asked him if he was Vodafone and he said yes - but the numbe was a strange one. I saw on the forum that it wasn’t a recognised Vodafone number and thought I ought to join the forum to let people know again. The number is‭01709 917461‬

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is one of the nmubers used by our Sales Team @KittyB246. They may call to tell you about new products or services that could be of interest.

If you'd prefer not to receive these calls, please text 'STOP PHONE' to 9774. 

I have received 6 calls from Vodafone number 01709 917461 over the last few days. Not one has rung long enough to allow me pick up the phone and answer! Duh! Several rang just once. No message left to say sorry we missed you. What is going on? This is the sort of thing I would expect from a bunch of amateurs. I am not impressed. So unimpressed the number is now blocked. Vodafone, if you really do want to call me, do what everyone else does, let it ring long enough for me to answer the phone. Not much to ask really.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry about that @MickeyBass. The number belongs to our Sales Team.

We didn’t mean to cause any frustration, and we take your points on board.

If you'd prefer not to receive Sales calls from us, text 'STOP PHONE' to 9774

Blair