Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Summer's here!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

The sun's out here and we're all starting to feel Summery and thinking about getting the barbeque out here.

This got me thinking about my all-time favourite summer songs and what I'd include in my perfect summer soundtrack.

I think some of my favourites (in no particular order) are:

Bob Marley - Three little birds.

Sly & The Family Stone - Everyday people.

Beyoncé - Crazy in Love.

Beach Boys - Good Vibrations.

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Otis.

Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime (Obviously).

So what songs bring a smile to your face and make you think of good times on a hot summers day?

8 REPLIES 8

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I've just been for a very nice lunch in Paternoster's Square near St Pauls in London and it's very summery here.

Music - Band on the Run by Wings. Takes me back to the summer of 1974. More generally - Wimbledon of course. Always a wonderful summer day out.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Mungo Jerry - In the Summertime - 1970. 

Summer days like this draw me to the East Coast- Scarborough where my childhood holidays were. Reminds me of happy times and happy thoughts in regards to my parents who have passed. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Two really good summer tracks there guys, my partner was listening to in the summertime last night, she said it was one of her favourite summer songs too.

Wimbledon always reminds me of the summer I broke my leg. It had swollen up really bad, the Dr told me to rest it and that was the only thing on the TV. Since then I’ve been a big fan 🎾

hrym

Summer's here and the time is right for ... Dancing In The Street  :Smiling:

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I know either Martha Reeves and the vandellas or Mamas and Papas did it first (not quite sure who), but when anyone mentions dancing  in the streets, the Version by Mick Jagger and David Bowie is the one I think of. Such a great song 🎵🎵

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

A good mixture of songs with some throwbacks here!

I've noticed it's usually the songs I've heard on the radio that make me think of summers spent in the garden or driving to our family's caravan holidays up north. Examples being: Wham - Club Tropicana, Hanson - MMMBop and Fatboy Slim - Praise You :Smiling: It's music that I don't usually listen to but takes me back to those glorious weeks off from school ☀️

hrym

@Mark wrote:

I know either Martha Reeves and the vandellas or Mamas and Papas did it first (not quite sure who), but when anyone mentions dancing  in the streets, the Version by Mick Jagger and David Bowie is the one I think of. Such a great song 🎵🎵

Me too, it's great one.   I have the 45 single from the days of Live Aid.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We went to the beach for the day and enjoyed soaking up the sun whilst we could on Friday 🌞 It'll probably be snowing again next week!

30743200_10155637513182833_5731212463300919293_n.jpg31084139_10155637512712833_6823182617138333146_n.jpgHad some tunes on in the car on our way, always something cheesy you can sing along to - loudly! 😂🎤