Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Who's ready for a summer of football?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

IF I remember correctly from a post by @JohnJ a few months back, there are a few football fans amongst us!

With the World Cup just 3 months away, what does everyone think of England's chances? I've got them down for second round or quarter final at best. So if you're like me and expect us to limp off the big stage as usual, who do you think has got a chance of going all the way? 

I'm going for Brazil, Germany, Spain and France. But if Mo Salah can do for Egypt what he's been doing for Liverpool, you never know.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mark

Football's a funny old game !

'A game to two halves' :Winking_smiley:

I do watch certain matches although I'm not a for hard fan.

I hope the fixtures go Ok for all the right reasons due to location.  

As for England I've long since thought it's got to be time at some point to establish a whole new team of new faces and talent and get them playing together, ( i.e gel)  well before the event. 

That said I'll be flying the flag as it were for the England Squad. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers I'll be rooting for them, but I lost any hope of the doing well long ago. I just feel there's more desire in the likes of Brazil and Germany.

Fingers crossed one of these days they'll prove me wrong.

BandOfBrothers

Well @Mark I think it's safe to say England did better than expected helped along with a favourable outcome of teams we played and the other expected to do well teams being knocked out. 

They'll get stick from glory hunters. True supporters / patriots will see them for what they are ie a young team with fantastic future prospects. They can be proud of themselves. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The spine of the team is fairly young, but there are a few players that will be past their prime, or coming to the end of career their in 2022. The likes of Ashley Young, Jamie Vardy and Gary Cahill are already in their 30's. Keiran Trippier, Jordan Henderson and Kyle walker are 27/28.

Hopefully southgate will use the next 4 years to slowly bring through younger players to take their place and when the next tournament comes around, they will already be familiar with each other.