Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone does not pay my bonus I am entitled to

kucukkayael
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

This is Elif Küçükkaya, I was an employee at Vodafone Turkey starting from 01/03/2023 to 30/05/2024. Although it was clearly stated in my offer letter and I am legally entitled, I am writing here for the last time before applying to legal authorities about the fact that my bonus for the financial year I completed , was not given by Vodafone Turkey.

Please see details below:

In March 2023, I started working as a product lead at Vodafone. As you can see in my offer letter below, it was explained to me that the annual bonus was entitled according to the previous financial year, so I would not be paid for my work in March-June, but in the same logic, for example, If the employee leaves Vodafone, he/she will receive a bonus for his/her work in the previous financial year.

This is written text in my offer for the last year; also, in the remuneration policy it is written in the same way that a bonus will be given compared to the previous financial year.

English translation:
In the event that the Company's performance and your individual targets are realised, you will be entitled to receive the bonus payment determined according to your annual base salary within the framework of the Short Term Incentive Plan (GSTIP), depending on your start date. Your GSTIP individual multiplier will be 7.5 per cent. The performance year covers the period between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023, and your bonus will be calculated in proportion to the days you work according to the date you started during this period and will be paid with the June payroll. For starts on 1 March and later, the bonus earnings will remain for the next financial year.

Although I worked for the entire financial year of 2023-2024 and deserved the bonus, I learned that I had to work until the end of 30 June in order to receive my bonus at my exit interview and I was very surprised by this situation. As you can see, there is no such statement in my letter also in my contract with Vodafone, even if such a statement is included, the employe must give bonus according to labour laws in Turkey.

I contacted everyone from my manager to the HR director about this issue, but I was informed that this was the policy and no exception could be made for me.
However, I am trying to get what I entitled, not an exception. When I experienced a similar situation in my previous company, I received my bonus in full at the time of bonus payment. I would never expect a corporate company like Vodafone to do such a thing, fighting for what I deserve made me very upset and made me feel sad because I was wronged. In addition, if my performance evaluations are examined, it can be clearly seen how much effort I have put in this year.

When I shared this injustice I suffered with my friends, they shared me a page on ‘Ekşi Sözlük’, a social media platform of Turkey, titled "Vodafone's bonus disgrace to its employees" and that there were many comments here. The person who explained that his bonus was not given, explained that after this page he opened, he was called by human resources and his bonus was deposited. It is very sad that Vodafone only pays bonuses when written on social media in this way, and it encourages people to do so. Please see the link: https://eksisozluk.com/vodafoneun-calisanlarina-prim-rezaleti--5777102 

I request Vodafone Turkey to give up this injustice to its employees through you. At the point where I cannot get an answer, I will continue to seek my rights through legal means. I am really sorry that I had to go through this situation and that I was forced to contact you. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You are asking the wrong company,  Vodafone Turkey are a different company.

You need to contact Employee Relations for Vodafone Turkey. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

You are asking the wrong company,  Vodafone Turkey are a different company.

You need to contact Employee Relations for Vodafone Turkey. 

Thomas_H

Hey Elif, you have posted to Vodafone UK community forum. You would need to reach out to Vodafone Turkey regarding this matter.