Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail number - 864236245

steveo67
12: Established

I had a missed call today from and this was followed by a voicemail notification I pressed the green phone button to call it and listen to the message but the phone dialled the following number 864236245

Bemused by this i called 121 which I always thought was the voicemail number and it worked fine and I got the same message.

I checked my message settings and my voicemail number is set to 121

So where does the 864236245 number come from ?

And to make things even more freaky the voicemail was from a business customer on my personal mobile and I never give out my personal number ever nerver ever ever.  My employer does not contribute to my line rental, its my phone, my toy and it was my lunch hour as well .....  I know thats nothing to do with Vodafone but its all really freaky !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion
3 REPLIES 3

JamesBond
10: Established
10: Established

Hi there!

This is an overseas SPAM message / number - DO NOT phone it!  Phone Customer Services on 191 immediately and request a Premium Rate bar on your account.  Explain to them what has been received when you speak to them.

Cheers!

hrym

There's more on this thread.

steveo67

Thanks for the link Hrym

I checked myVodafone I have no extras showing on my account :smileyhappy:

Just seems a bit odd to invent a new number to confuse or raise concerns when everyone already knows and is perfectly happy with 121