Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Website incorrectly classed as having 18+ content

khoshnood1977
3: Seeker

Hello,

My website, bitakhoshnood.com, was up and running. Vodafone recently reported this as containing content that is intended for adults. It offers the community helpful guidance and support and contains no explicit or suggestive information that adults should view. Could you please advise me on how to reclassify our website? 

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

8 REPLIES 8

VodafoneUK
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for reaching out to us @khoshnood1977, I've taken a look into the issues our customers are having accessing your site. As part of this investigation, we check the safety of your site through Total Virus, and it appears several vendors are reporting the site as containing suspicious or harmful data. Whilst this is the case, we'll be unable to remove the restriction. Please contact whoever is responsible for maintaining your site and request this is reviewed. Once your site is listed as safe and secure, we'll be more than happy the restriction should be lowered automatically. If not, pop us another message here and we'll get this sorted for you.

khoshnood1977

Thank you so much @VodafoneUK.

joesm
4: Newbie

How it can be classified as +18? Probably there are some virus plugins on your website, have you recently installed a plugin to your website which might be directing the user to +18 websites?

Still, you had the message from the administrator and the issue will be solved in a day or a week.

khoshnood1977

Unfortunately, it’s coming from a WP plugin that I’ve used 6 months ago. I switched it to other platforms. I hope it will be unblocked.

@khoshnood1977 - please come back to us once your site is showing safe and secure through Virus Total and we can get it reviewed if needed. 

lylawa
2: Seeker

Regrettably, the source of the issue is a WordPress plugin that I employed six months ago. I've since transitioned to other platforms, and I'm optimistic that the situation will be resolved soon.  Sharing the specific timeframe of using the WP plugin, detailing the switch to other platforms, and expressing hope for a resolution adds a personal and informative touch to the response.

kinder

It's happens due to some plugin problems. My website is on online billing it also has the same issue it is fesco helpline. You have to check your plugin.

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Do hope this gets resolved soon, but it can happen to us all!  I use a domain that includes my surname for a couple of things, and it would seem that my surname is considered "unsavoury" in Mexico, and hence Mexican DNS servers block that domain.  It's not an issue though and I'll allow the domain to die when its renewal comes up, to be replaced with something more secure!