Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cortana on Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia 925

ReJigged
4: Newbie

Hi,

Having been watching the Cortana ads from Microsoft on TV I have been trying to get this installed on my Lumia 925 Windows phone.

I appear to be updated to the latest version of Windows Phone but I cannot see Cortana. The app store appears to have lots of Cortana related apps but not the thing itself.

So, I'm a bit confused here. Having read some forum posts regarding this I cannot get to the bottom of what is going on with some people saying it's Nokia's or Microsoft's or Vodafone's fault. Or it's in development still and we need the developer version (why would Microsoft spend £000's on prime time advertising if the app is in development still?). I expect someone will come on here and say it's my fault.

Can someone from Vodafone clarify what the situation is with Cortana?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Cortana officialy in the UK is only available on the latest handsets 935 etc

She will be comming to the others with the Denim update in the next month or so

She has been out in the US for a while (since the cyan update), if you change your language and regional settings to the US this version should appear on your phone

Those in the UK who have older handsets and who are enroled in the developers preview programme have access to UK cortana

So options for having cortana

1) Buy a new handset

2) Change your settings to the US

3) Install the dev preview

4) Wait a few more weeks

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

SynthFG

Cortana officialy in the UK is only available on the latest handsets 935 etc

She will be comming to the others with the Denim update in the next month or so

She has been out in the US for a while (since the cyan update), if you change your language and regional settings to the US this version should appear on your phone

Those in the UK who have older handsets and who are enroled in the developers preview programme have access to UK cortana

So options for having cortana

1) Buy a new handset

2) Change your settings to the US

3) Install the dev preview

4) Wait a few more weeks

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Does that relate to all newish nokia smart phones, I have a 1020?
Douglas95

SynthFG

@Douglas95 wrote:
Does that relate to all newish nokia smart phones, I have a 1020?
Douglas95

I have a 1020 running the dev preview and have been using UK cortana for a while, 

AFAIK she will be comming to the stock firmware 1020's with Denim

Denim started rolling out on some handsets this morning (not yet for the 1020) so assume the rest will follow over the next few weeks

sigbar.png

Thanks SynthFG. That clarifys things nicely.