cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Appalling (lack of) support from Vodafone. If you're considering switching to Vodafone, think twice

macinthekitchen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For the past few weeks it's been impossible to speak to anyone in support at Vodafone.  If I call I get 'we're experiencing high volumes and we may not get to your call today'  (yup - you read that right 'today').  It then recommends using the chat system,, but of course 'there are no agents available to help'.  Then of course it recommends calling.  This has been going on for at least two weeks!!!

In the meantime, the reason I need to contact them is that after an upgrade to fibre to the premise, they've changed my IP address from my static IP address and none of my services are working, and I don't have time to reconfigure everything.   

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @macinthekitchen, if you're one of the business packages, you can add the Static IP address from the My Vodafone online account. Once you're signed in, just go to 'Services & Extras' then 'Broadband Subscription'. If you have a home broadband package, please drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook, the contact details can be found here. We do know that some of the broadband teams are a little busier than normal, once you've sent us a message, our social media team will get back to you as quickly as possible. 

Thank Mark.  Unfortunately,  I'm a home user not business. I tried Facebook Messenger but gave up after 40 minutes of "A member of the team will be in touch shortly to take a closer look".   This isn't 'a little busier than usual' this is nearly two weeks of failing to offer any support whatsoever. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@macinthekitchen wrote:

For the past few weeks it's been impossible to speak to anyone in support at Vodafone.  If I call I get 'we're experiencing high volumes and we may not get to your call today'  (yup - you read that right 'today').  

I had a need to contact Vodafone today, and I got the same message as you, but they actually answered after about 10 minutes, Maybe I was just lucky.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear there's been a delay in replying to you @macinthekitchen, through our social channels we answer all posts in the order they're received. From time to time this means there may be a delay in us responding to your message, but we respond to every message we receive, so will always get back to you. If our digital assistants advised your message has been forwarded to our team and you've not had a response yet, add your Community ID to the thread, let me know when you've done this and I'll make sure this is picked up today.