Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Choosing New Wifi Password

Patty37
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm setting up my router and want to change the wifi password. However it's dictating I need to use 8 characters and 3 different variants. Is it possible to set my password the way I want it?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

In general its a set series to add as much strength into the password as possible @Patty37 

i.e so many letters and in some cases a capital letter etc.

This isn't usually circumvented.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Darn, that's annoying. Thanks for letting me know.

Anyone had any luck using their BT Superhub as the wifi device?

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Patty37 wrote:

Darn, that's annoying. Thanks for letting me know.

Anyone had any luck using their BT Superhub as the wifi device?

This question crops up from time to time and I think I'd be right in saying, "no, nobody has managed to set up a BT Superhub as the primary modem/router." (On Vodafone Broadband).

In a nutshell, the BT Superhub* will not accept your Vodafone PPPoE username.  By design of course as ISPs are not in the business of providing equipment for use by subscribers to competitor ISPs.  

*Do not be misled by tales of BT hubs working with Plusnet and Plusnet hubs working with BT - they are interchangeable as Plusnet is a BT owned company.  

Hi,

I asked about wifi device not primary modem. I know BT hub can't take Vodafone details. Support were late in getting my router out to me and told me to use my existing BT Superhub on activation. I was told there would be no problems doing this but alas I got nowhere due to the reasons you provided above. Luckily I have my router now but I was wanting to know if anyone had the Hub act as their Wi-fi device while connecting it to the vodafone router.