Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content Controls Have Categorised a Site Incorrectly

anrgy_man
4: Newbie

Hi

Probably one for the mods.....

I am unable to access www.size.co.uk and m.size.co.uk. I get a message that it has been blocked by content controls.

For those that are not familiar with the site, they simply sell footwear and clothing. Nothing untoward.

I have content controls enabled to prevent access to adult content.

I have spoken to the online chat team in an attempt to highlight that the site appears to have been categorised incorrectly but as is often the case with them, they simply fail to grasp the situation.

Their suggestion was that I disable content controls and then when I explained that I would like to leave content controls enabled BUT they need to arrange for this domain name to be reviewed and correctly categorised, their suggestion was then that I hard reset the router which obviously, is not going to help.

Please can one of the mods pick this up and have this website reviewed and re-categorised.

I know that I can manually add these sites to my 'allow list' but I guess that's a workaround, not a fix and won't really help others in the same boat.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

I'm wondering why this site is using a JD Sport security certificate. Is it owned by JD Sport, or is it masquerading? I've never even heard of them.

Selection_001.png

Also

Selection_002.png

Seems JD owns Size?

https://www.drapersonline.com/news/size-brand-to-replace-wellgosh-stores

JD Sports has announced that it will convert all three existing Wellgosh stores into Size?

Ripshod

Also (switched to the personal Communicator)

Screenshot_2024-06-26-20-41-14-93_8f7df597d46828da05903710a4aa4513.jpg

Ripshod

@anrgy_man I wonder if you'll have more success contacting JD Sports/Size. I'm sure they'd sort this out as it could affect sales. 

I can't see the screenshots yet because they're still awaiting moderation but if they're related to the SSL, there's no issue here. 

Doing some digging, size is owned by JD Sports and although the Common Name on the certificate is www.jdsports.co.uk, both domains I'm being blocked from are in the SAN which is perfectly valid and just as secure. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @anrgy_man thanks for reaching out to us about this. I've just tested the sites on my phone and I've been able to access them. Please can you send over a screenshot of the message you're getting? 

Hi Gemma

Please see screenshot. 

1000012586.jpg

 and my content control settings are only blocking the below

1000012587.jpg

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing the above @anrgy_man - Have you tried to access the link via another platform like Facebook or X (formally Twitter). If so this could be why and it might not be the legitmate site.

Nope. Straight via the browser. I can replicate on my laptop and I can replicate on my mobile whilst connected to the same Wifi network.