cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

End of broadband contract - switch to rolling contract?

mitchg64
3: Seeker

Advice please. My broadband contract ends on 15 May and we are shopping around for a new deal, however we will not be in a position to change until mid-June with other commitments (and perhaps the notice period that will be needed). Will we switch automatically to a new 12/24 month contract, or will we be moved to a rolling contract on a new price, which we would be free to leave after giving 30 days' notice? Thanks for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5

VFbroadbanduser
11: Established

It will just go to a month to month contract but at a higher price. I currently pay around £31 a month and it goes up every April.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Unless you negotiate a new contract, you will be switched to a rolling contract.

As you are in your last month of your contract, you should find some details of next moths payment if you log in here:

https://myaccount.vodafone.co.uk/billing/summary

My contact end 15th June, so I'd be interested to see what you find.

mitchg64

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated, I shall log in and see what the account says. 

Stumpy21
4: Newbie

When you have found the deal you are interested in, and it is with a new ISP/provider, during the sign up process you should be able to pick a suitable date in June for the activation/transfer to go through. As you will be out of contract you do not have to give Vodafone any notice etc the new provider will/should do everything for you. Switching suppliers, apart from if it includes Virgin, is straight forward these days.

VFbroadbanduser

The problem I have is I am paying more now to Vodafone for 40mb/s broadband than I would if I could get FTTP with an altnet, getting a symmetrical 1000mb/s.

Sadly I am maxed out on a copper line and not 1 of the 3 FTTP providers in my area have built on my street. It will be years until Openreach upgrade the lines so my only alternative is waiting on altnets to build.