Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigabox login sessions to router timing out after seconds

wifitrouble
2: Seeker

I logged in successfully today to the router with the aim of attaching a drive (SSD) to the router for file sharing. The joy was immense, but didn't last that long, as the sessions cut out every 5-10 seconds or when clicking on a differnt menu item.

First issue was that I was unable to setup a new user, because every time I hit the Apply button, it would end the session and when I logged back in the changes I made were not saved.

I was on chat and spoke to support for ages and support tried to tell me that it was normal behaviour for the session to end because the IP address would be reset whenever I made a change. Sigh. Had to remind him that the resetting of the IP address was set to daily, not every 10 seconds.

Question 1: has anyone else had this issue. Vodafone is going to send out a technician to replace the router, but not sure when.

Question 2: has anyone had any success attaching a drive to the router for file sharing (on Windows devices). I currently have a USB stick attached to the router and I can see and download files. Tha'ts not really file sharing. The instructions provided by Vodafone when typing in the IP address of the router in File Explorer brings me straight back to the router login screen on the browser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1

wifitrouble

Addendum: I can see the files, but cannot download, only upload files from what I can see.