Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Removing old devices from Vodafone router app

Fryfryboy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello 

I have recently acquired a ps5 and would like to know how can I remove my old ps3 from my router app? 

9 REPLIES 9

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Fryfryboy - If you have an Android device could you go to Settings> Device/Apps>Vodafone Broadband>Storage>Clear Cache  +  Clear Data?

If you have a different device it might be worth looking through this thread 👉 https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Router-factory-reset-doesn-t-erase-devices-h... and running through those steps.

Seems a long winded complicated process, Surly some handy feature like “delete device” or “delete device” would be much more slick. Perhaps someone at Vodafone can incorporate this into the app. At the end of the day I just want the device that I no longer own to be on my list of devices. Call me OCD 😂

regards 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's a fair request @Fryfryboy - I'll be sure to pass your comments onto the dedicated team as I agree it would be a good feature to have 😊

For now, I would suggest, when you get the time, to try the above process.

I’ve seen this asked on this and other forums before.

Does anybody know if Vodafone have found a way of removing old devices permanently from the router settings?

It is a major security risk and I know there is the block facility and guest network but it is important we can control what can and can’t connect to our network. Thanks.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Taylormeister wrote:

It is a major security risk 

How does the app/router retaining information on previously connected devices pose a security problem?

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

@Taylormeister wrote:

How does the app/router retaining information on previously connected devices pose a security problem?

If i change my phone or bin my old wireless printer, what useful purpose or reason is there for permanent retention of the associated device data?   At a guess, not being able to remove redundant device data was not by design - probably more to do with getting the app out with a minimum acceptable functionality for the lowest possible development cost.

Jayach

@HappyNomad wrote:

@Jayach wrote:

@Taylormeister wrote:

If i change my phone or bin my old wireless printer, what useful purpose or reason is there for permanent retention of the associated device data?   At a guess, not being able to remove redundant device data was not by design - probably more to do with getting the app out with a minimum acceptable functionality for the lowest possible development cost.

Totally agree, can't see any point to it, just don't think it's a security risk.

Jayach

@Evie wrote:

Hey there @Fryfryboy - If you have an Android device could you go to Settings> Device/Apps>Vodafone Broadband>Storage>Clear Cache  +  Clear Data?

I doubt that would work as I suspect the app is just reporting what is held in the routers DNS cache. It probably retains info about unconnected devices so it can give them the same I.P. address if they reconnect.

Rebooting the router should clear it.

I've been advised by a VF advisor to clear cache and data in the app Vodafone Broadband and told to uninstall and reinstall the app, now I've done this my powerhub has disappeared from the app on login and I'm presented with 2 routers on the app and only have an option to connect to one or the other but I can't add the powerhub not even with the wps button. I don't have the other 2 routers ultra hub or thg3000 that are registered to the vodafone broadband app. Is there a way to delete the routers? Clearing cache and clearing data didn't work