Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm being blocked from seeing Disqus comments

InterestingIan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, just got vodafone broadband today and I note I'm unable to view disqus comments.  Any suggestions?  If I'm not permitted to view the webpages I choose I will be cancelling my contract.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @InterestingIan 

May I assume there are no relevant preference settings in any relevant blocking settings or in your chosen browser such as pop ups / security features etc that maybe hindering these pages ?

It's worth just checking through as much as you can even if it doesn't feel like the issue. :Smiling:

Perhaps try another browser and or clear cache and cookies and try again.

Disqus has some help FAQ's on their site.

Some possible relevant Google Search links 》

Why-isn-t-the-comment-box-loading. 

Why-are-comments-visible-in-the-disqus-admin-but-not-on-my-site. 

Why-isn-t-the-comment-box-loading. 

If not then the Vodafone Broadband Team will be able to help.

Live Chat or via 08080 034 515

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone implements some content controll through their DNS servers.  You can change the level of that content controll by loggining into your account online (it's not a router setting).  Alternatively you can just log into the admin pages on the router and change to alternative DNS servers such as Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4), Cloudflair (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1), or any other independant DNS service.

In most cases this appears to help!

@ KeithAlger

I tried changing the DNS servers last night, but that was through control panel, network etc. Is changing them on the router something different? Not sure how to do that??

I couldn't log into my account last night, will try again now.

Edited to add:

No I can't log in. Just tried now. I get a page saying "request security code" and then saying "For added security we'll text a code to your phone." There 2 buttons to click below saying "back" and "request code". Clicking "request code" results in another screen saying "please try again". So I click "request code" again and precisely the same screen comes up.

I could log in 24 hours ago as soon as I got my broadband.

I'm feeling very negative about vodafone at the moment. Very close to just ringing them and cancelling.

Voila!
I followed the instructions on this link and it has worked!
Incidentally, I had changed my wifi password 24 hours ago, through the same router page, and it claimed I hadn't changed it.  So I've just changed it again.

Anyway, now the only problem I have is trying to log into my vodafone account.

@Band of Brothers. I've tried 3 browsers. I use Firefox and noted my Firefox was set to "strict". That has altered itself as was on standard before, so changed back to standard. Turning off extensions doesn't help.

More importantly, your response ignores the fact that vodafone are actually blocking disqus as is evident from other complaints down the years. So I'm guessing the links won't help??

Can't get in touch with the vodafone team. The webchat doesn't work on their site (not last night anyway). They're ignoring me on twitter thus far. Just sent them a message on facebook. Otherwise I'll need to ring them (if I can find a number).